TJ3 is on Steam.

Steam link

Hey guys, I decided to make third part of TJ series. It will be the last game of this type. Sorry for bothering you with it again :wink:

This time it will be on a space station, so I will remake all traps and enemies and add new ones, with different game mechanics.
Below is a video of what I assembled for a couple of days.

About the walking sentinel, Iā€™m not sure how to make it to operate yet. I mean, what game mechanics will you propose for it.
Iā€™m thinking to patrol an area and if sees you to shoot, and tomato will have to be able to defend him self with somethingā€¦lightsaber or energy shield. There will be a console always somewhere in the area and the tomato will have to go to the console and ā€œhackā€ the sentinel.
The big turret will be positioned always on a specific place and it will shoot on intervals toward specific direction, so if tomato needs to pass through, he will need right timing. Also some turrets will rotate while shooting and cover more area.
Iā€™m wondering, about the lightsaberā€¦should I put it in TJ hands and make it a permanent game mechanicsā€¦you will always have a lightsaber and you will have to use it on different occasions.
Any other suggestions?
Also I need a name for the game, Iā€™m thinking to mix Indiana with starwars and come up with something like:
Tomato Jones strikes back or something along starwars titles. :slight_smile:

Tomatoman Jones 3: Return of the <insert whoever made the environments he is exploring>

On your other thoughts/ideas:

• Console/hacking doesnā€™t do it for me. If itā€™s just a ā€˜switchā€™ (go to it and press ā€˜Eā€™) then thatā€™s okay. Anything more complex and itā€™ll detract from it being a platformer. Maybe a typical ā€˜jump on the headā€™ kills it? I mean, this game isnā€™t meant to be serious, right?
  • Lightsaber? Heā€™s a tomato with a hat. I canā€™t see a way to do this without adding more controls/complexity, so Iā€™d avoid it.
  • Energy shield - I think this would work, just to give him a few hitpoints (maybe just one) against energy weapons.

Thank you sdfgeoff for your thoughts.

Tomatoman Jones 3: Return of the <insert whoever made the environments he is exploring>

:D:D:D

Console/hacking doesnā€™t do it for me. If itā€™s just a ā€˜switchā€™ (go to it and press ā€˜Eā€™) then thatā€™s okay. Anything more complex and itā€™ll detract from it being a platformer. Maybe a typical ā€˜jump on the headā€™ kills it? I mean, this game isnā€™t meant to be serious, right?

Thatā€™s exactly how I imagine it. Your are right, complexity will kill it.

• Lightsaber? Heā€™s a tomato with a hat. I canā€™t see a way to do this without adding more controls/complexity, so Iā€™d avoid it.

Yes, but it would look cool and funny with a lightsaber and thatā€™s what will attract people to the game. You are right about more controlsā€¦so, how I can add lightsaber, without adding more controls?..thatā€™s the real question.

Energy shield - I think this would work, just to give him a few hitpoints (maybe just one) against energy weapons.

Itā€™s gonna be either energy shield or a lightsaber.

Also, the new potato enemies will have new hatsā€¦storm trooper hat, dart vader, bounty hunterā€¦etc.

a tomato with a shield or saber? why does it not just spit out/shoot tomato juice?
or the seeds it has. would that not be more realistic?

i would not turn a tomato into a jedi lol. itā€™s boring and there are billion of copies that uses the ā€˜jediā€™ style.
Keep it simple use what the tomato already carries ;), or even turn his had into a boomerang.

i would not turn a tomato into a jedi lol. itā€™s boring and there are billion of copies that uses the ā€˜jediā€™ style.
Keep it simple use what the tomato already carries :wink:

Hmm, you also have a point, but still SW 8 is on the wayā€¦that should mean something also.

True, but i would stick to the explorer version, your game is a copy/clone of Indiana Jones right, he does not use a light saber, he uses a whip :wink:

so my opinion would be to use his hat as a (throw able)weapon, fits the style.

True, but i would stick to the explorer version, your game is a copy/clone of Indiana Jones right, he does not use a light saber, he uses a whip :wink:

so my opinion would be to use his hat as a (throw able)weapon, fits the style.

It is a parody platformer with Indiana Jones theme. It is not a copy or clone of anything. But if the third part will be in a space station, it is not Indiana like any more. So I thought, it can be a mix from SW and Indiana Jones themes.

Tomato Jones 3 looks great !!)

Hi Haidme, still going with your tomatoesā€¦:smiley:

If it is really the last tomato adventure you could call it : the last tomato
Although the Indiana Jones movies are four, but the last one didnĀ“t count, I guess, so it was a trilogy.

What about a whip instead of a light saber, this would be the best of two worlds:
The whip of the Indiana Jones movies and the modern weapon of a StarWars universe, not an ordinary whip, but something like a electrified whip, you could also use it as a shield.

Hey, thanks!
Yes an electric whip is a nice idea! Iā€™ll think for some simple mechanics involving the whip.

Iā€™ve made some progress. A couple of new enemies and traps:

More info here

Looks good. keep on going! :slight_smile:

Hey guys,
Among other things, now Mr.Jones is able to hack spider robots via special ā€œrobot control consoleā€ :smiley:

Depending on the level settings, with one console you may hack 1 or more robots at once.

Hey guys, this is level 3 in TJ3:

Iā€™ve made 4 levels, 26 to go :smiley:
There is a progress with the new traps and the difficulty in the levels. So we are still in the very beginning of the game.

This is so cool !

And here is level 13, with new ground skin. :slight_smile:

Yes i want to buy your games, even your a professional with polished style that makes the potential somebody feel that your game is guaranteed to be the product that the media you share advertise.

admirable work, iā€™m actually big fanā€¦ post updates anytime in our community :wink:

Thanks hanzo!
Actually, right now all my games are on sale on Steam. :slight_smile:

Your last video really shows how polish your game is. Very nice. The new hats too really add some great style to Mr. TJ :slight_smile:

Nice work! :yes: