Asking for RX Vega Shared Memory/HBCC test - Goosberry Production Benchmark

Hi there!

Anyone has tried the Production Benchmark Cycles Test on an RX Vega 56/64 card?
(Victor blend file from the Goosberry movie project https://www.blender.org/download/demo-files/)

It runs out of memory on a regular 8GB videocard and it would be good to know if the HBCC memory sharing feature allows to render large scenes using Cycles with those GPUs.

Greets.

Leo

After trying again recently on my 390x I found that now it renders ok, so I would say that this is a non valid test for HBCC preformance. If someone knows about a larger scene to test it would be great to know about it.

It would not be hard for someone to slap a cube in the scene with a few massive full float textures on it. My system does not have enough RAM nor a powerful enough GPU to work with that scene, though.

In the meantime, someone who tested it with and without HBCC enabled had significant RAM usage differences:

Well essentially no difference. Render time was 36:52.48 without HBCC enabled. Perhaps a larger sample is needed. I should note that Blender ate over 16GB of RAM vs the 9.5ish with HBCC, not sure if that was an anomaly or not.

EDIT: Does this scene crash a 4GB AMD card now? Does anyone have a RX 480 4GB to check? It wouldn’t take long to see if it crashes. Maybe AMD implemented some kind of HBCC feature in their driver for all newer cards.