Almost within reach of the Breach

So after watching a tutorial on youtube, I was inspired to create my own version of the Breach special effect from the Flash on the CW network. Here’s the current situation. I have successfully created the mesh and the texture of the breach but I’m having issues composting it.

So this is the angle shot. It looks okay at this angle…

But I have no idea what happened here.

I would like to get it to looking like this as close as I can using the Blender Internal Engine. If it’s not possible, then my next course of action would be to use it in After Effects. I am also going to upload the link to the file in this thread in hopes of troubleshooting it.

http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=47909

Looks like its watery and reflective on the outside but sort of cloudy on the inside. Also not very transparent. I think that you may need to work on the reflections some more.

I forgot to mention that the cloudy part was the particle system. Should I get rid of it as well?

wow, so beatiful, look like in my fantacy, atlantics :open_mouth:

Alright. After much trial and error I was able to fix the problem. It turns out that I had to work on the material as well as work on the nodes in my attempt to master this effect. Here’s the recent result of it.

I think I am satisfied with the results for now. Thanks to all who tried to help.