Luxrender Tutorial

Hi guys ! Are you thirsty to help new user discover luxrender engine I decide to open in my youtube channel new tutorial courses. Theses tutorials will help any one to create eye poping quality works using luxcore capability. Tutorial cover modelling shading and lighting under luxcore stable version (1.7).

http://www.luxrender.net/release/builds/1.7/windows/LuxRender%201.7%20x64%20OpenCL%20Setup.exe

The first one result :

rendered using Bidir engine mod:

Tutorial Links :

Part 1 Modelling

Part 2 Lighting

Part 3 ( EDIT)

enjoy !

The next tutorial is already on the track.
All blend files will be there for free to

1 Like

the final render looks great -rich in colours and lighting.

Thanks you ! Hope this will help more artist get more familiar to luxrender new API. (Luxcore)

Hi Sharlybg, Thank you for this tutorial. The result look really great!
I was looking for Lux Render tutorials - this would be a good reference.

By the way, how does new Lux Render compare to Cycles in terms to render time?

Thanks so much bro! it’s amazing :eyebrowlift2:

Saiko

Hi Sharlybg, Thank you for this tutorial. The result look really great!
I was looking for Lux Render tutorials - this would be a good reference.

By the way, how does new Lux Render compare to Cycles in terms to render time?

very happy you like it ! hope you will appreciate next one about SSS and volume. About speed i can said that it really depend on your final goal, the nature of your scene and the realism level. I works on cycles at my job 8hours / day 5 days/weeks. and i prefer lux for the extra realism.I think lux have a better
speed/realism ratio than cycles. But cycles is more flexible and finished and it can be very fast on certain scenario.But all this are only my humble opinion. I will cover defference between them later …
But there is a good thread about it here :

Lux version

cycles version

yafaray version

Jameskk

Thanks so much bro! it’s amazing :eyebrowlift2:

thanks you so much !