Error importing .nif into Blender 2.49

Hello, complete noob to all this here!

Im trying to import a .nif in attempts to mod a skryim armor. I set everything up accoring to this page: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Blender
and everything seems to have installed just fine. I modified the appropriate settings in NifSkope per the tutorial im working with, and i’vw matched the options they show for importing the nif in Blender, but when i hit the final ok to import, i get this error in the console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\Modding\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts\bpymodules
if_common.py”, line 1235, in gui_button_event
self.gui_exit()
File “D:\Modding\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts\bpymodules
if_common.py”, line 1598, in gui_exit
self.callback(**self.config)
File “D:\Modding\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py”, line 3771, in config_callback
importer = NifImport(**config)
File “D:\Modding\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py”, line 176, in init
data.read(niffile)
File “D:\Modding\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats
if_init_.py”, line 1387, in read
block.read(stream, self)
File “D:\Modding\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\struct_.py”, line 354, in read
attr_value.read(stream, data)
File “D:\Modding\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\array.py”, line 291, in read
raise ValueError(‘array too long (%i)’ % len1)
ValueError: array too long (4294967295)

Any insight as to what is going wrong here would be greatly appreciated (especially if you can keep the wording pretty simple, i have literally zero experience with both python and blender)

performs necromancy

did you ever find a solution? i am getting the same error