Animation into real footage

Hello people. I have a problem that I’m not able to solve.
I have the animation of a robot moving around and I’m trying to append it into my real footage. I can do that but the problem is that the animation starts at frame 1 of the real footage. I need the animation to start later on instead of frame 1. Is there a way to do that?
Or is there a way to choose the frames of the animation that I want to append into the real footage? I’m trying to do that and I’m allowed to choose the end frame but not the start frame.
I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with that. Thank you veru much.

If the images are still seperated, you could just move it down on the timeline or movie editor in Blender. Can you show a screenshot or two on your current set up on the file? A copy of the file would be even better.

Use the Offset parameter in Image node to shift the animation in time.

Thank you guys for your answers.
The problem is that I have two robots walking in the footage and they take steps at the exact moment and that’s awful. I need them to take steps at different times. So I need to slightly change the animation for every robot (I guess).
When I’m in the NLA Editor, I can choose the start frame and the end frame of the action clip to manipulate the animation and make it start and finish at the frames that I need. I also put those same values in the start frame and end frame of the active strip.
But when I append that project into my footage, the animation always starts at the begining of the animation instead of the start frame that I chose for the clip.
That’s what I really need. Sorry if I didn’t explain it correctly the first time.
I’m new with Blender and I’m not sure if this makes sense or not.
I’d appreciate any help. Thank you again.

This sounds like a proper task for VSE (or any other video editing software).

First, you shoot all the live-action and prepare all the animation. Then, you “cut it together” to make a movie.

Thank you guys for your answers.
The problem is that I have two robots walking in the footage and they take steps at the exact moment and that’s awful. I need them to take steps at different times. So I need to slightly change the animation for every robot (I guess).
When I’m in the NLA Editor, I can choose the start frame and the end frame of the action clip to manipulate the animation and make it start and finish at the frames that I need. I also put those same values in the start frame and end frame of the active strip.
But when I append that project into my footage, the animation always starts at the begining of the animation instead of the start frame that I chose for the clip.
That’s what I really need. Sorry if I didn’t explain it correctly the first time.
I’m new with Blender and I’m not sure if this makes sense or not.
I’d appreciate any help. Thank you again.