Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Video test from the latest MIDI Bake Node:

I hope this is of some interest...

Cheers, Clock.
    K.I.S.S - a good maxim I think, and Granddads know best!
    "You are completely bonkers." - @Gumboots
    Youtube Channel Website Still rebuilding this, but it is started at last

Latest Project, just a render for now, until I get it finished:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first-time-1.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	512.2 KB 
ID:	503638

The cone shape in the centre uses 14 shape keys to animate the Bass channel, each cone rising as the note is played, the material colour is driven by a three channel "Sound Bake" node driving the three colours (RGB). The "Bullets" around that use a scale function in line with the midi channel, this is driven by the Drums. The keyboard is playing the Glockenspiel channel and the gold icospheres are animated along a bezier curve by the frame number and are scaled by the Saxophone channel notes. I have still to add other channels, but the node tree runs at around 1.2ms as of now. All the animation is powered by my MIDI Bake node - this generates FCurves and stores them in the project, accessible via the node. There are several Loop sub-programmes in the node tree:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 12.42.18.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	317.8 KB 
ID:	503640

All done with Animation Nodes!

Cheers, Clock.
    Last edited by clockmender; 31-Oct-17 at 07:46.

So, I have added some more bits for other channels, little hammers to play the strings, glass icospheres with shape keys to make them "explode", an Armature with some IK constraints to move the pistons that move the trumpets, all done with my MIDI Bake Node, I am seriously considering not using the other MIDI node I made (not really ):

Name:	first-time-3.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	503688

Yep, the testing is going well, I am experimenting with different easing, velocity, etc. The song is "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by whoever you want it to be by - me I prefer the Stereophonics with Jools Holland's R&B Band's version.... The animation is done to my own rendition so I don't get Copyright issues when I upload the video, the project is not ready to render yet.....

Cheers, Clock.

I have finished the animation:

Name:	first-time-5.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	503789

The RGB snake roams around the screen growing in diameter to the Sound Bake and the three colours grow in Emission Strength to three channels from the Sound Bake. One MIDI channel isn't showing on this one as the Instrument has finished by now. I think I showed the gold coloured icospheres earlier....

Of course the post would not be complete without the near-complete Node Tree:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 21.02.07.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	422.5 KB 
ID:	503790

So eight MIDI channels animated, along with some other stuff to Sound Bake and blah, blah, blah (lost the will to list it all) and all in 2.8 milliseconds - can't be bad.

I will finish the background and incidental bits, then move it to my server to render the frames and then composite them into a video with the sound, which I also need to do a little work on....

Cheers, Clock.

Next Test Video:

It uses Locations, Rotations, Scales, Curve Paths & single/multiple Shapekeys - all driven by my MIDI Sync Nodes. Node-Tree time is under 3ms on my Mac (i7, 16Gb RAM). Everything is done with Animation Nodes - no keyframing here then!

Comments Welcome!

Cheers, Clock.

Test of my new nodes, these ones do the Frame Ramping and Frame Switching functions to run animations over set frame ranges:

The frame nodes fool Blender into thinking the frame no is 1 at the start of a range, so you can have a sequenced animation using AN.

Node Tree:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 09.49.48.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	841.9 KB 
ID:	509743

Cheers, Clock.

PS. Happy New Year to All.

PPS. These new nodes are now on my GitHub page https://github.com/Clockmender/My-AN-Nodes

Holy crap Clock, your busier than a one legged man in an a** kicking contest.....just checked out your github page.....when do you have time to sleep??? that's some great stuff.... HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ya !!!

@ ajcdfin: Thank you for the festive greetings, I send best wishes to you and yours also.

The nodes were written over a period of time and I am retired you know. Perhaps I should refer to their location as my "Old-Git Hub". I have to say though that Mrs. Clockmender frequently asks me when I am going to "Stop playing with your Blunder [sic] and do some jobs for me" - Guilty as charged M'Lud!

The new nodes do help with my mechanical and MIDI Sync animations though - most, apart from the MIDI, could be done with script & expression nodes, but it meant me remembering some complex maths, python and the like, so it makes it easier for my old brain.

There was no easy way to manipulate bones that I could find other than using expression nodes with a lot of python in them, my "bone" nodes helped here, (just realised that last sentence could be misconstrued...)

Cheers, and Happy New Year, Clock.

Blender Kaleidoscope

Done with some of my new Animation Nodes, that work on materials and a pulse sequencer to change the material in various of the disc object's material slots:

Unfortunately YT have messed the video format and made it letterbox, not what it was, such is life, it is still watchable, although looks better with your eyes closed....

Here's the node tree, my new nodes are now on my Old-GitHub, but not in the official release yet.

Name:	node-tree.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	515197

There are no nodes in AN to assign materials to objects, so I wrote one. I also added one to get a list of all the materials in the project that meet a search string (starts with letters typed). The 5 Channel Sequencer node just pulses 5 channels in sequence at whatever start & end frames you put in and at whatever step size you would like. The step size can be dynamically changed by other nodes if required - so you could feed it with a Sound Bake node, or one of my MIDI nodes, for example.

Cheers, Clock.
    Last edited by clockmender; 14-Feb-18 at 15:04. Reason: I felt like changing it.....

OK, so I looked at the new nodes again and rebuilt two of them:

"Material From Project" node now has two outputs - the list of materials and the first one as a single object.

"5 Channel Sequencer" is now "Multi-Channel Sequencer" and can have as many channels as you like, provided it is more than two of course, otherwise it would not be a list would it.

Here they are doing the Kaleidoscope animation, and another one you cannot see in the video above:

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 19.32.34.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	515458

You can see it is a better, more efficient setup with the revised nodes.

The next one shows uses of several of my AN nodes:

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 19.35.17.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	515459

This gives a growing array of objects following a curve, there are some expression nodes in there, one for example is:

Code:
    x.modifiers['Array'].count = 1 + (y // z)
    This sets the count value of the objects array modifier to "y // z" - the "//" is integer division, so 10 // 4 returns 2, not 2.5 - is that all clear? I hope not otherwise I have leant nothing complicated, so should not have mentioned it. Incidentally I use "modulo"; "%" in python so "10 % 3" = 1 and "12 % 3" returns 0 - you can work out why this is.

This whole animation is running at 130 beats per minute - the step value is: 2.76923 at 24 frames per second.

This second node tree is used to make a new animation, a new sphere is added every second, here is a screenshot from it:

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 19.53.11.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	515460

The red lines around the spheres rotate around the sphere, or appear to, this is done by switching materials using my materials nodes, and some other black magic. I will render this video once I have finished adding the other various bits.

The revised nodes are now on my Old-GitHub.

Cheers, Clock.
    Last edited by clockmender; 16-Feb-18 at 16:20. Reason: I don't have to explain myself do I?????

Working on a new video that will use MIDI Sync & Sound Bake systems, along with most of my additional nodes:

Name:	music-1.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	614.2 KB 
ID:	515671

The composition nodes, just a simple setup for now, more to come:

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 20.40.28.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	614.0 KB 
ID:	515672

And part of the nodes tree, there is much more here so a little at a time:

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 20.43.33.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	352.0 KB 
ID:	515674

So far I have finished animating the drums, spheres and keyboard. The lights work as described in the previous post. I switch the material around the various slots to give the impression of the spheres turning as they progress along the curve, increasing in number at one every 4 seconds - a bit like rabbits then...

Cheers, Clock.

Well you sure are taking-off (flying thing) with these AN's. Love the work you've put into it, kaleidoscope was awesome. Keep up the great work !!

^^ Thank you my friend, I am busy trying to get my website a little more complete, whilst lounging around coughing, sneezing, etc. I have decided to get the help pages done for my new AN nodes first. that in itself is a long job, oh well! Work on the next video is progressing slowly, my attention span is not so good just now.... fekkin' flu grrrrrrrr

I have worked out a way to make a Text object "grow", like adding letters/words every so many frames using AN - this kept me busy for a while....

Cheers, Clock.

PS. Needless to say I am "grounded" until I get rid of the lurgy so no flying just now, which hasn't improved my mood....
    Last edited by clockmender; 20-Feb-18 at 11:43.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12