Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I decided to remove this post. B
    Last edited by barrymaritime; 20-Feb-18 at 16:15.

Unfortunately your understanding is entirely incorrect !
    It is about the past ages and bygone times and whether people like or dislike my routes is of no interest to me.
    It is about other people, not me, and their routes (if any), based on satellite data relating to the past ages and discussion.
    It is about using Blender in an alternative way to portray the past ages and not removing the BGE from Blender.
    Also retaining/creating the functions to enable historial routes to be made, maritime or inland, which in turns governs what can be created.

I appear to be the only one making real life historical simulations, on these forums, as far as I know which is not what I had in mind and not worthwhile for me to spend further time on.
    That's the point TheDave wanted to make. We don't assume that everybody on the forums are young or youngster, we assume that nobody cares about anything. Be it simulations, be it routes, be it a framework, everyone comes here with his own interests, and more importantly: the desire to use the BGE.

I will repeat what TheDave said: the common ground here is the GE, not anything else.

Now we don't share the same interest as to what to do with it, but the point is that we want to share our work, and must accept that most people don't care. Just post your work (screenshots, files, anything), and even if you don't have direct feedback, someone somewhere could be inspired by what you've done. Maybe your scripts have some features that are interesting even outside of the context that you had in mind, so it may help someone else.

It really feels like you are complaining, maybe try to see things another way. If we're not worth your time, sorry. Sorry for not sharing the same views. That said, I was genuinly interested in seeing some of your actual work, as I do mine by inspiring myself from others (not copy/paste inspiration, I try to get the gist if I can...).
    Last edited by WKnight02; 25-Oct-17 at 18:17.

I decided to remove this post B
    Last edited by barrymaritime; 20-Feb-18 at 16:15.

I decided to remove this post as I have now ended my association with the blender artists forum as no longer suitable for my interests. !. B
    Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 06:03.

I decided to remove this post as I have now ended my association with the blender artists forum as no longer suitable for my interests. !. B
    Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:52.

Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:52.

Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:53.

Originally Posted by barrymaritime View Post
    Summary for using real life srtm2 data to generate mesh.
    OpenStreetMap...Click Export. Then manully select area...adjust box around selected area.
    Copy down max/min co-ordinates or print screen on computer for full page. Crop out selected area. I use png.

Next step... download relevant srtm2 file. Exampls N53W003 and N53W004 for North West UK etc.
    Exctract the hgt files from zip file and place in the folder that the route is being made in (IMPORTANT)

Next the Blender script ...File/import/srtm2. Click box 'manually set extent'.
    Enter the saved open street map co-ordinates.
    Finaly top right corner import srtm.

Using a 6 year old middle rate graphics card vert sync still at 60 fps.
    Keep to oblong shape if making larrger routes up to about 40 km to reduce vertices.
    Then either use the overlay you made from openstreet map for positions of roads etc.
    Texture and add content to your liking...make roaming camera to explore.

B

last paragraph srtm3. version 2//1...srtm3...Eurasia

https://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/
    https://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/srtm/

Thanks for the useful resource !

I might give it a try if I come to make something based on the geo data you shared, right now its not my focus but it could change later !

Thank you again.
    BGE Python framework: https://gitlab.com/bgez/bgez.git

I decided to remove this post as I have now ended my association with the blender artists forum as no longer suitable for my interets. !. B
    Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:54.

Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:54.

Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:50.

Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:50.

Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:49.

I decided to remove this post. B
    Last edited by barrymaritime; 20-Feb-18 at 16:16.

Originally Posted by barrymaritime View Post
    -------------------------------
    Questions and discussion regarding the Blender game engine....is what this forum says

I was under the impression route making comes under the heading game engine and discussion regarding route making with the Blender Game Engine.

As regard helping others I did that many years ago with various Blender tutorials on my website around 2004 year maybe.

As far as I can tell route making in the Blender Game Engine is a lost cause going by the response (lack off), 'comments, criticism, etc, etc.

B
    From what I've seen of your threads, you just keep stating what you're doing each time. I don't see any actual questions, problems, or requests for feedback on uploaded blends.

Is there something specific that you'd like help and support achieving?

I decided to remove this post . !. B
    Last edited by barrymaritime; 20-Feb-18 at 16:20.

Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:46.

Same rely to Dave. You couldn't be more wrong. You work it out !!!
    I had sympathy when you said in your now-editted post that you were going on 80, but you've been extremely rude several times now and your lack of forum etiquette is wearing, so lets spell it out:
    - You're rude and/or childish to anyone that replies to you.
    - You want to fire up discussion, but choose a topic that no one else is interested in.
    - Your constant removal of posts is ruining any chance of anyone being able to learn from your experiences.
    - There is absolutely nothing stopping you from continuing to use Blender the same way you've always been using it. No one is forcing you to use a newer version.

To quote a man who likes using SRTM2 data:
    No longer posting.

I decided to remove this post as I have now ended my association with the blender artists forum as no longer suitable for my inteterests. !. B
    Last edited by barrymaritime; 18-Feb-18 at 05:47.

My apologies with having to delete my posts for people who replied with friendly posts and help, but there is a limit to a couple of posts from forum members and I had to draw a line unfortunately. Pity really. Thanks. B.
    Last edited by barrymaritime; 20-Feb-18 at 16:00.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast