Curent Game Engine more than capabale for making maritime routes

I was under the impression route making comes under the heading game engine and discussion regarding route making with the Blender Game Engine.

As regard helping others I did that many years ago with various Blender tutorials on my website around 2004 year maybe.

As far as I can tell route making in the Blender Game Engine is a lost cause going by the response (lack off), 'comments, criticism, etc, etc.B

Post deleted by B as duplicate

I was under the impression route making comes under the heading game engine and discussion regarding route making with the Blender Game Engine.

As regard helping others I did that many years ago with various Blender tutorials on my website around 2004 year maybe.

As far as I can tell route making in the Blender Game Engine is a lost cause going by the response (lack off), 'comments, criticism, etc, etc.

pulling anchor? Good luck…may the winds carry your sails to greener shores.

Duplicate deleted by B

duplicate dEleted by B

As far as I can tell route making in the Blender Game Engine is a lost cause going by the response (lack off), 'comments, criticism, etc, etc.

i wouldnt worry about any future. we wont know until its here, which could be a while.

not going to let that keep me from moving forward on my projects.

There is nothing stopping you from continuing to use the same version of Blender. We still ship version 2.59.

If size is a concern to you, how about making a loader that has all the necessary files to run Blender (but without the routes). Then, have each route as a separate downloadable file.

Three years or so ago there was a mention of updating, or removing the game engine, to integrate it into Blender so…

Yes, because the BF realised that their decade old GE was cool at the time it was made, but today with Unity and Unreal and all the other OpenSource engines, the BGE original design is showing itself very hard to use (relatively speaking when comparing to the other GEs). Hopefully the work over the Uchronia Project should improve several things with the BGE, but in order to say that the BGE has any future, there is a lot to be made to finally make the GE relevent today, thus not dying with future Blender versions.

Back at your Maritime Routes, I can’t find a link on this thread, where did you host your files ?
You could use Google Drive to store them and share them, its not really hard to setup, and you don’t have to pay anything.

Well, I feel too sometimes that the replies are irrelevant, but what can we do :slight_smile:

Also, your maritimes routes seems pretty cool, but I’m not that into maritime stuff, and I don’t think much people are very fond of too, hence the lack of feedback maybe. Also not being able to play with some .blend where we could see things for ourselves does not help. Any material is good to see. Most of the work that is contributed to is work already started.

People need a bit of hype to go from: pretty renders, good demos, etc… Words are spit too easily.

Now I wonder how you simulated buoyancy using rigid bodies :stuck_out_tongue:

I know hosting a web domain is costly too, this is why I told you about Google Drive, there a real lot of space free, and you could just upload and share files through it. Even if you feel it pointless to share with the BA community, you never know :slight_smile:

Are you currently working or thinking about making something on the BGE by the way ?
Just to know why the sudden need to share about your ideas and resources :slight_smile:

This sound interesting !

For routes made also see finished routes forum. Many of the posts I ended up deleting as was a waste of time .Barry

I must sound stupid and/or stupid saying this again, but there is Google that allow you to host files freely. You don’t have to put up a whole domain and website… Just a thread with non-dying links should do the trick.

When you say “similar” stuff, I don’t know if this counts but I’ve tinkered with procedural generation: https://gitlab.com/bgez/demos/BGEz_LandGen. Maybe some more work has to be made in order to optimize it, but it allow big world loaded by “chunks” instead of as a whole.

Looking at the thread you posted, people seemed opened to your work ?
Why do you think that it was a waste of your time ?

using geotiff data as a displace texture doesnt require scripts.

Apparently as I appear to be the only one who is not interested in small games but only in real life simulations using srtm2 data these forums are not suitable for my interests

This game engine support forum is about us helping each other understand Blender and create content. The common ground here is the engine, not what you’re actually making with it (although often the creations are facinating to other users). I make educational software, but I came here for help making things like font maps and scroll bars - not because I expect there to be others that also make educational software.

As far as I can tell, your main complaint is that you haven’t found any users on the Blender forums that are interested in the maritime routes you’ve made. It seems like you would benefit from taking part in multiple communities; this one for learning how to create and improve your simulations, and another one that would enjoy the simulations that you’re building.