Glen Larsen - Sketchbook

After a few years away (plus an expanse of water and several hundred miles) I’ve decided to get back into modeling. This area looks like a good place for failed weekend challenges so I’ll start with the exploded hand-mixer from my entry which was about the only thing worth saving.

I’ve been using this as a workstation background. And, yes, it really does have sharp gear teeth really close to your fingers but the worst thing about it is that it has lots of crevices to catch old food. We don’t use it, I just couldn’t bear to part with it until I modeled it.

The reference picture to prove it really does say, “Beats Anything”.

I’ve been wanting to model a Klein bottle for a while and couldn’t resist posing a pair like this.

1 Like

Nice looking stuff here. I especially like the bottles… kinda mesmerizing.

It’s weird, right? I started thinking about klein bottles for a weekend challenge and thought it would be fun to model. I especially like how the green bottle appears to be sticking out its tongue.

It seems different but surely of amazing use. I would love to have one. Firstly i thought it was a sketch but later i found no it is an actual machine. I would love if i use it. But again the main problem raises; where to get it, as there are various stores that offers amazing blenders. From where you bought this? I think i should wait for a bit and but it on Black Friday as this is the biggest sale of the year and all will love to buy from this sale. I am planning to use my Black Friday coupons and avail huge discounts. I will let you all know once i get this then you all will too shop from there.

Nice work on the Blender…

@Xraygunner, @norvman, thanks for the comments. My stuff all seems to be works-in-progress.

I entered this in the weekend challenge without realizing that I had screwed up the bump map. Too late now but at least I can post a proper one here.

good job on the product visualizations… keep it going! :smiley:

I needed to learn how to do liquid in a glass jar. The freestyle finish was just a goof.

1 Like

I’ve been experimenting with sculpting workflows and tried this bit with dyntopo where I start with a cube and use the snake hook tool to create a basic outline. The ball at the top was the starting lump and the snake tool was used with full pinch and strength to start. This turned into retopo practice session as well.

Yeah they’ve done some fantastic work on the blender and Rebeca thanks for the coupons I found a deal for led but wasn’t able to redeem that :confused:

PennySaviour.Com