B2U 2.0 for Blender 2.8x Released with Price Drop!

B2U is the In-House solution developed by Cogumelo Softworks for Exporting Prefabs and Scenes from Blender to Unity. For those that work with interactive ambient, archviz and games that need to export models from Blender to Unity this tool will make your daily work a lot easier!

Purchase at your favorite store:

Blendermarket

Unity Asset Store:

What is B2U?

B2U is a general-purpose Blender to Unity exporter, that provide a faster, more powerful and easier workflow to export Blender data to Unity

Do I Need It?

If you work with Blender and Unity you know how hard it is to export a simple object using the normal pipeline and the build-in exporter. Most of your time is spent fixing rotation and many other transform problems while other features are not supported at all as Cycles node materials. If you want to master the use of Blender with Unity then B2U is for you.

What Features B2U Have?

B2U was designed as an In-House solution, so it has everything that a studio needs to export your scenes such as:

• Prefab Export: Export Prefabs with correct transformations (Loc/Rot/Size), Cycles materials, textures, and configure Unity properties inside Blender.
  • Scene Export: Export full scenes with instances support. Multiple instances in Blender are instances of the same prefab at Unity. Enable the power of static batch in fully exported scenes.
  • Cycles Materials: Configure Unity materials inside Blender using Cycles node and viewport.
  • Texture Export: External or internal (packed) textures, we handle it all for you.
  • Automatic Folder Management: Select just one base folder and we handle all the folder management of the exported scene. Or you can set it manually to better suit your project management.
  • Export Groups as Prefabs: Blender groups can be exported as prefabs with support to parented object and more.
  • Cycles Lights: Export Cycles lights to Unity has never been easier in our scene importer.
  • Camera Export: Export cameras to Unity and make your perfect frame inside Blender.
  • More Coming! Much more features are coming, so tell us what you need to make B2U the best tool for you

Why should I buy it?

We are a small studio from Brazil and we have already done some great things for Blender such as the Graph Theme and the original BoolTool add-on. We want to support BF with Blender development as well, so we’re assigning 5% of all sales for the BF Development Fund. That’s our way of saying thanks to BF for all the good stuff that they have done.
On top of it, B2U is the Best solution for exporting from Blender to Unity on the Market, so if you just want a tool to work with, B2U is what you need!

That looks pretty cool :slight_smile:
Congratulations!

Hi Dantus! Thanks. Any doubts or suggestions how we can improve it just let us know.

Now it’s also released in Unity Asset Store!
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/100772

This looks amazing, smart instancing, creating materials with cycles that mimics the real-time materials in unity. I don’t use Unity anymore but will post it to some friends who does.

A quick question, are you guys looking into 2.8? It’s way to early but when it’s closer to release, you could mimic eevees real-time material output to unitys. No need for offline rendering, what you get in viewport in eevee could match up closely with what you get in unity. Real-time.

Anyways great post, if you ever do something like this for Unreal Engine 4, I will buy it. The smart instancing makes it worth it, to level design in Blender which is faster for me because I am to used to the controls in Blender compared to UE4. Also it looked like with the B2U_PBR material, you could get the texture channels sorted out in Unity, only that feature is such a time saver. Not to have to redo materials from scratch all the time in game engine.

Hi Martin!

This looks amazing, smart instancing, creating materials with cycles that mimics the real-time materials in unity. I don’t use Unity anymore but will post it to some friends who does.

That would be great :wink:

A quick question, are you guys looking into 2.8? It’s way to early but when it’s closer to release, you could mimic eevees real-time material output to unitys. No need for offline rendering, what you get in viewport in eevee could match up closely with what you get in unity. Real-time.

Sure! The node material export was designed to be future proof for 2.8 and beyond. The final goal for B2U in Blender 2.8 is to make custom GLSL nodes for eevee that mimic the Unity PBR Shader and other most common shaders. That will put Blender in a competitive position with Marmoset and others. In more short therm we will port our pre made node groups for eevee soon as Blender 2.8 is released.

Anyways great post, if you ever do something like this for Unreal Engine 4, I will buy it

I did not investigated it yet but if there’s any way to control the import process inside Unreal so there’s a chance that we could produce a Unreal version :wink:

Bye!

If did this were for Unreal, I’d buy it yesterday. Either way I love this tool. Keep up the good work.

I showed it two modo users that are looking into blender more-and-more, one of them is a huge unity fan and really good at working with unity. He was going to look into it later. I hope I made you guys one new customer.

Your plans for 2.80 sounds great, it’s exactly the thing I want to see for Unreal also :smiley: it would be huge. And yeah, a direct competitor to Marmoset and also a great addition for us Blender nerds to stay in Blender before exporting to game engine.

I guess you guys are using Unity professionally? I’ve bought way back ago your baking and atlas maker add-on. If you where to look into Unreal you seem to already have two customers here :slight_smile:

if there’s any way to control the import process inside Unreal so there’s a chance that we could produce a Unreal version

they’ve come really far with modo bridge.

I haven’t seen that video before I posted it here, but it looks like maya with some game engines. This scope is waaay to large I think for a possible blender -> unreal bridge.

But what I have seen before, is this unreal plugin. Basically it takes the objects as FBX just as you would do with Blender today. But the smart thing is that it exports materials as XML and rebuilds them in Unreal.

So if you where to have a shader group in Blender for each Unreal material, with settings like you have with Unity maybe you could use the same plugin or write your own for Unreal.

Inside Unreal you get this MODO import button, which we could have a Blender button to import any exported FBX + XML from Blender. Regarding the way you get it to understand Instances in Blender, I don’t really know how to solve that. But it would be great, and necessary for level designing in Blender instead of Unreal.

Anyways great add-on, I hope anyone that uses Blender for Unity take a look at it.

Perhaps a property flag?

I am lookingforward this happened in unreal . We are using both unity and unreal .Perhaps this addon can support both unreal and unity , maybe can have a new FBX exporter .

Hi aermartin

Modo bridge looks great! A bi-directional bridge should be our ultimate goal, it’s feasible but not simple. In B2U what we do is exactly use a FBX+XML model. We have complementary xml files for objects, materials, groups and scenes. Reading those back in blender we can eventually made it work. The “connection” is simply socket localhost communication what is not complex at all. But before that we need to implement other more fundamental features such export animated objects and eevee support.

Unreal is a really great engine and add support to it is not discarded in future since most of the hardwork is done inside the exporter process.

If there’s any other suggestions how to improve B2U in future please let us know. Our goal is to provide the best experience possible using Blender and Unity.
Bye!

I haven’t bought this addon yet, but it looks fantastic. I did buy Baketool for a task I had to do at work a while ago and it saved me a lot of hassle and was really well made and easy to use, so I’ll definitely be checking this out.

Does this work well with animated models too? I didn’t see anything specific in the video regarding that, so if not, it’s something I, and I guess many others would love to see in a future update.

By the way, I was using Unreal a bit at work recently, and found its pipeline for asset imports to be utterly terrible compared to Unity (mostly due to Unreal’s clunkiness), so if you guys ever end up using Unreal for your work and could make something like B2U between Blender and Unreal, then you could probably make a lot of Blender+Unreal users very happy. You could even keep the same addon name :wink:

Does this work well with animated models too? I didn’t see anything specific in the video regarding that, so if not, it’s something I, and I guess many others would love to see in a future update.

Not at this time, but this is the next step, add support to animated objects and characters with mecanim support.

You could even keep the same addon name :wink:

kkkk That’s true!

Thanks!

That’s great to hear. Looking forward to the next version then!

Great addon thank you! I recently bought it but haven’t test it yet.
As other guys mentioned yes animated characters would be great addition!

Like to add that I’m looking for this exact plugin but for Unreal. Unreal now supports Alembic point caching for animation. Hopefully, we can do all our work in blender and push a buttom to export everything in 1 step. Thanks.

Just bought it ! I expect 2U can go further ! Good Job !

I can convert all in scen bl mat. to cycles b2u?

Would it be possible to support Decalmachine export to unity?

I can convert all in scen bl mat. to cycles b2u?

You’re trying to convert all materials of a BI scene to Cycles materials? I don’t know any addon to do that.

Would it be possible to support Decalmachine export to unity?

I see that they use a custom shader inside unity that would not be a good workflow to us to support. But if there’s any way to bake the decals in the base model texture then it’s already supported.

There is a way, but then you loose the advantage of having a texture atlas with high resolution details.

I am currently working on a whole factory hall full of machines detailed with decal machine and it would be cool to be able to simply export that to unity with b2u. As it is now I guess I can only use one or the other. I am only at the beginning of the project so I’ll see how it turns out.

Maybe there is a way to start decalmachines own export process for each object or something.