Elsa (Lighting Practice)

Hello.
This is the project I’ve been working on for quite a while without a good idea how to finish it. Finally, I decided to see if I can set up a good lighting for a character and since it’s my second character ever, I’m pretty pleased with the results. Rendered in Cycles with 700 samples (denoising was enabled). Post-pro in Photoshop and Snapseed.

Link to the project on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9aNLW

Rate comment and enjoy! If there’s someone who’s better than me at creating characters (and I’m sure that would be majority of the dedicated artist), give me some advises and critique. It’s all about getting better isn’t it?

Attachments

Wow, I love it. The hair looks amazing even though it’s just a mesh. Lighting and colours look amazing and even though her posing is not anything special, the image overall looks very pleasing. Congrats mate.

I’ve just realised that this is the most liked artwork on my Arstation. It’s kinda awkward assuming that I’m mainly focusing on architectural renders… Maybe Elsa is just more popular subject…

Lovely work!

This hair is amazing. I’ve never seen this solution before.

Thank you very much.

@bigbad
What do you mean exactly? I assume it’s that glitter in her hair (mesh instead of hair is pretty common i think).

Just saw your artstation and I like your architecture renders a lot. I think that people notice characters more easily sometimes.
Your hair and texturing are nice. Especially love the hair. The face seems nice and flows well.
It looks like you went for a very stylized body, which looks really interesting, just a tad different from the character from the show. The neck I see is longer. But I feel like with how thin the torso is the arms are a bit too wide.

iT’S LIKE SOME PARTS OF THE HAIR MESH IS FLOATING. sry caps lock. It gives a nice impression of some kind of air-ness.

Wow nice render! Stood out from all the other artwork :smiley: