Star Trek Castaways Ships

So me and my friends are attempting to create our own Star Trek series, Since I’m the only one who uses Blender it’s up to me to build up the ship designs in CG form both interior and Exterior, The Hero Ship is going to be a Franklin-Type Starship that has been in service for over 50 years before it was retired in the mid 2250s and later stolen by a wayward crew of Temporally Displaced Humans, Outcasts and Misfits, What I need is Your input on how to go about making it look like the ship was refitted to the point that it is virtually a new ship while retaining the same basic layout as the Franklin.

One of the Other Things I want to do is actually emulate the Production Styles used in Star Trek TOS such as the camera lenses and angles, Flyby Shots and lighting Schemes (Basically with the thinking of “Could they have done this with the 11 foot model” in TOS) I’m putting this post out there so That I can get a little more input on how to go about doing this.

Grace’s Engine Room
Ladies and Gentlemen and Variations Thereupon Here’s what I’ve done for the Engine Room so far.

First Render

Second and Third Render (Second Render didn’t have the Tank structure in the Middle or the Darkened Glass on the Blast Door)

Okay ladies and Gentlemen, I really need your input on something, I’m going to make another attempt to Model Grace’s Bridge and I’d like to hear how you guys would go about doing it, To help the process I’m gonna post an image made by one of my friends on how he intends for it to look, The Forward Console and Center seat will not be designed as seen here, The Command Console will be will be replaced by a solo Helm Console Flanked by a Navigator Console and Operations Manager Console, the Captain’s Chair will also be redesigned: