Bendy limbs flattening

Hi, I’m trying to rig this Sonic model’s limbs so that they have a nice, even bend throughout, but currently the mesh starts to flatten if I bend them too far. My current method for each limb is to have 5 edge loops spread across two bones, and ideally I’d like to stick to this simple method, so I was wondering if there’s a way of weighting the vertices that would stop this from happening? Or, failing that, would the Bendy Bones feature be of any use to me?

Not quite sure how your limbs are set up…
But bendy bones are pretty much made for this type of thing. In my limited experience they do take some tweaking to get the curves to flow right and controlled properly, but worth the effort.
Also make sure you’ve checked ‘preserve volume’ in your armature modifier. If you haven’t done that already, it may help. But ultimately for short limbs with few loops, you might be pushing what can be expected of smooth bending. Good luck!

‘Preserve volume’ is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, and I think is the best I can hope for without adding more loops. Thank you!