Sci-Fi Cowboy

LATEST UPDATE BELOW.

Hi all,

I’ve posted this in Focused Critiques but I thought I’d post it here too, as this project is in the very early stages at the moment.

It’s the first time I’ve posted on this forum in years, and I wanted to get some feedback on a new project I started a couple of days ago.

Having finally got around to watching Westworld (amazing show!) I was inspired to do some form of Sci-Fi Cowboy/Saloon piece.

I’ve started with the head model for what will probably end up being some form of cyborg, I haven’t really decided yet. However, opinions and critisms would be most welcome on the initial model, especially in regards to topology and general forms.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

I like the topology of the face.

Thanks XeroShadow!

Started work on the Cyborg eyepiece. Going to be moving onto the clothes next. I want to initially block out the majority of the character before really digging down into details.

Attachments

Thanks XeroShadow!

Some minor tweeks to the overall shape, and I’ve started work on the Cyborg Eyepiece. Next, I’ll be moving onto the clothing.

Attachments

If this is a cybernetic implant, you might want to take a look on how implants are used in the science fiction setting. It looks great so far but still needs some adjustment.

Beginning of clothing with some quick placeholder materials. I’ll definitely be going over everything with details later, including the implant and sculpting on the head.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks.

Attachments

Add buttons on the vest and a pocket watch.

Made changes to the eyepiece and started detailing work.

Attachments

Now, it’s looking good!

Sculpting for the head.

Attachments

Made alterations to the jacket, and sculpted details.

Attachments

nice work so far. the nostril holes looks a little far apart.

Thanks SandraDau, I’ll have a look at the nostrils and purhaps bring them in a little.

Textured the jacket, going to move on to the rest of the clothes soon.

Attachments

Worked on the textures for the shirt and waistcoat. All of the stitching was sculpted in and then baked out, which I’ve also gone back and done the same thing for the jacket.

Will either be working on the trousers or the belt and boots next.

Any thoughts from anyone gladly appreciated.

Attachments

Made the buttons on the waistcoat/vest larger, and started working on the belts. I’m not 100% happy wih the normal maps at the moment, but still tweeking settings. Thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

I’m really undecided on the length of the jacket. Any opinions/thoughts gladly appreciated.

Attachments

For pulling his “space pistols” the short jacket makes the most sense. But a longer coat would fit the character better in my opinion. Maybe you can find some scifi solution there with a changed gun belt or a cut in the side of the coat to keep fast access to the guns?

Thanks for the input DM9. That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking, and also from a practical perspective, a shorter jacket is easier to rig!

As a distraction from the jacket, I’ve gone back to the boots and completely re-modelled them. These are heavily based on my New Rocks sitting by my front door, which will be fairly obvious to anyone that has seen/owned New Rock boots before.

Attachments

Sculpting details on the trousers.

Attachments