Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My point was that in "def update(self):" you're in complete control of all state of the program (if not using threads). X may be modified before or after the execution of your function but only you can modify it inside it.

But yeah, I don't like generators neither.

Originally Posted by elmeunick9 View Post
    My point was that in "def update(self):" you're in complete control of all state of the program (if not using threads). X may be modified before or after the execution of your function but only you can modify it inside it.
    In a nutshell, you could write a shitty coroutine/generator allowing outside variable modification, when any object's member can also be accessed from outside and would put your "controlled state" out of order

Originally Posted by WKnight02 View Post
    In a nutshell, you could write a shitty coroutine/generator allowing outside variable modification, when any object's member can also be accessed from outside and would put your "controlled state" out of order
    And that's exactly why I don't like them. If you don't ever use them in your project, then you can garatee this controlled state. But, well, after all I supose it's just a matter of preferences.

Originally Posted by elmeunick9 View Post
    And that's exactly why I don't like them. If you don't ever use them in your project, then you can garatee this controlled state. But, well, after all I supose it's just a matter of preferences.
    But what I meant is that even with an object oriented state controller you can access its inner variables from outside (Python's lack of private/protected/public). Not that its bad, but the problem is exactly the same, and the fix relies on your ability to write code that makes sense.

Indeed it seems like a matter of preferences. So I implemented something people could prefer in place of an other system, I think it will be a good point in the long run.

Also, the system is currently hybrid: you can work full callback, and/or use coroutines. Pick what you prefer

@WKnight02 Thank you for sharing the .blend. If I understand well you link a python script to an alway brick instead of using the logic bricks?

I am eager to see more.

Originally Posted by Benny_Flex View Post
    @WKnight02 Thank you for sharing the .blend. If I understand well you link a python script to an alway brick instead of using the logic bricks?

I am eager to see more.
    I'm happy to see you interested !

Basically, the thing is that I am trying to propose a way to make your game using Python only, using a higher level API than what is currently available. But as of now, the BGE needs at least an always brick and a Python controller to trigger any script. But once the framework entry point is executed, everything can flow in Python.

I'm currently trying to make a demo for the BGMC, but I hate doing game assets lol. So I don't know if I'll come up on time, but I will certainly have something to show !

go with sintel assets WKinght
    also Jonny Blacks dead project assets -

1 original - https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...etc&highlight=

Current / https://opengameart.org/content/3rd-...er-sci-fi-pack
    Last edited by BluePrintRandom; 16-Nov-17 at 21:21.
    Break it and remake it - Wrectified
    If you cut off a head, the hydra grows back two.
    "headless upbge"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123