create environmental texture

hello,
A while ago I made a heavy rendering space environment just with nodes. I would like to render it once and use it for other scenes, so i dont have to render it all the time. Is there a way to render an environmental texture with blender?
Or do you maybe have other suggestions to solve my problem?
thanks for your answers!

If it’s a node setup, you could probably use the nodes to generate a texture. Then bake that texture to an object (a cube is the classic “skybox” shape), and save the texture. Now you can use the texture in other scenes!

You can try to render your environment texture like common scene to hdr
https://b3d.interplanety.ru/en/making-your-own-studio-hdri-in-blender/

thank you Korchy, that was exactly what i was looking for! :slight_smile:

Archived for reference:

Creating studio HDRI process:

Add a cube (shift+a – Mesh – Cube). Yes, this is the very rare case where you can use the default cube ). So this will be our “studio” – room 2 by 2 by 2 meters.
Enter Edit mode (tab).
Move up studios lower boundary (g – z – 1).
Flip normals (w – Flip Normals). Normals should look inside, because render of our HDRI will take place from the inside of studio room.
Off Edit mode (tab).
Hide studio cube polygons for better look, leaving only grid lines. In the Object tab set:
Display
Maximum Draw Type = Wire
Create material for studio based on black Diffuse (0,0,0) with a bit Glossy reflection:
To get the result properly configured camera needs to be placed in the center of the studio to shoot its 360 degree panorama.

Add camera (shift+a – Camera).
Make it active (Select it – ctrl+num0).
Align camera to the center of the studio (g – z – 1).
In the camera Data tab set:
In Perspective mode:
Lens
Focal Lens = 5 mm
Switch to Panoramic mode:
Lens
Type = Equirectangular
Display
Size = 50 cm
Camera
Size = 16 mm
Also configure render settinds. The resulted image dimensions should scale to 2 : 1 horizontally (for example 2048 x 1024 px). Image format must support the extended brightness range mode (HDRI), so familiar jpg is not usable. The most convenient way is to use the Open EXR format, which has the necessary capabilities.

In the Render tab:
Dimensions
Resolution
X = 2048
Y = 1024
Output
Set the OpenEXR format
Immediately render results only black rectangle. The studio lacks the main thing – light sources. Lets simulate three segments window with light emission planes and a couple of fluorescent lights on the ceiling with emission cylinders.

Add a plane (shift+a – Mesh – Plane).
Decrease its size (tab – s – 0.2 – enter – tab). Place it on the wall of the studio cube.
Add emission material (Emission) with Strength = 10 to the plane.
Make 2 copies (shift+d) and place them abreast.
Add cylinder (shift+a – Mesh – Cylinder).
Edit it: add Bevel and Subdivision Surface modifiers, reduce in size. Assign the same emission material (from step 15). Locate it on the studio ceiling.
Make multiple copies of it (shift+d) and place them in two rows.
Everything is ready to start render. This will creates HDRI, an example of which was shown at the beginning of this article. Save it to * .exr file.

The resulting HDRI can be directly used for lighting in scene:

Studio HDRIs, usually quite simple, mainly used for the subject renders, the main task of them is to emphasize the contours of objects and give them a high contrast. However, using the same Blender tools, you can make much more exciting interior HDRI, which will give a very realistic lighting and glare maps.