Grumman F6F Hellcat

Blender 2.79, Cycles.

Hi! I like american WW2 aircrafts. They have some kind of wonderful madness. I started this project two years ago, then stopped and forgot about it. A month ago i remembered and decided to finish it)))))

9 Likes

More and more…

5 Likes

Good thing you remembered and finished it, because it looks great ! :slight_smile:
Especially the lighting in the first two renders !

Did you achieve the chromatic aberration effect inside blender ?

wow love it. especially the first image!

Good thing you remembered and finished it, because it looks great ! https://blenderartists.org/forum/images/smilies/sago/smile.gif
Especially the lighting in the first two renders !

Did you achieve the chromatic aberration effect inside blender ?

Thank you! Yes, this is the internal effect of post-processing. Compositing nodes-filter-distort-lens distortion. It is possible to simulate both chromatic aberration and lens distortion.

wow love it. especially the first image!

Thank you!

Looks excellent .

Wow, your renders look amazing!

Thank you! I am glad that I managed to revive this project)

awesome work and awesome airplane. i love the hellcat for beeing the workhorse of the pacific fleet. no gullwingsextravaganza here like the f4u (ok, i am honest, i like that one two) or twinbodyplanes, yeah, the p38 is cool, but the hellcat has got this clear simple bird of pray concept that says: hey zero, wanna dance?

Thank you!"Hey zero well, want to dance?"I wonder, did not know).Two-beam machines are very interesting, for example P-61 Black widow. Or the real twin-bodied twin mustang. But they are more experimental

Pretty amazing. Well done.

The Pond Racer was a really sleek twin engine design by Burt Rutan back in the early 90s. It was expected to hit 500mph + which would have made it the fastest piston engine aircraft ever flown had it been successful. Unfortunately, only one prototype was built and it crashed from a mechanical failure, claiming the life of the pilot.

A small selection of workflows

Rutan is an ingenious designer. I like ARES, the one that the fake Me-263 in the movie “Iron Eagle 3”)))

I saw the preview… I thought you was on the impression from Dunkirk and wanted to tell you how they didn’t use CGI in that movie. But now I see those are American and I’m confused about the source.

nicely done

very cool, no crits at all… even I love those old WW2 planes, actually WW1 too… fine old hardware tired of Call of duty Modern Warfare lol…

Nice work Kors13! I love the unique nose art and the oily metal look.

Since you love this kind of thing, a super detailed version of the Martlet (British version of the Wildcat) is coming out soon on Il-2 Cliffs of Dover. It’s currently being developed.

Super nice model, but needs much nicer environment for the render. Well done on the modeling!