Follow Path - Weird rotation at corners

Hello,

I’m new to blender and have a problem with the path animation. I use a poly path and a follow path constraint to move a cube around a path. Also, the cube is following the curve. The cube starts rotating before it reaches the corner so the animation looks a little bit weird. Is there a hidden option to deactivate this?

Edit:
I found a kind of solution by myself with coping the cube, shift the timing and set a constraint which looks at the copied cube, but this seems kind of complicated.

Attachments

just a couple of questions first…

are you using the Constraint “Follow Path” ?
or the Modifier “Curve”… ?

Because these both kind of do close to the same thing … and it’s easy to get the two confused…

If your using the Constraint “Follow Path”… then my first guess as to what might solve the problem it to make the curve a 2D curve and not a 3D curve… you can solve some problems by doing that first…

Next suggestion … add some more vertices to the path… squishing some points together really close in the corners…
set your U: resolution in the curve Properties Panel to 3 or above… 3 should do it…

I would think all you need is 2 vertices per every hard turn in the curve… to help blender evaluate the rotation on the follow object to wait until it gets to the corner to before it starts to rotate…

anyways try that and see what happens…