[Add-on]Align UV Island

Hi :eyebrowlift:

This add-on will Align the UV Island to the closest axis depending on a selected edge.

https://gum.co/PTSa (Free)

(Make sure that ‘UV and edit mode selection sync’ is turned off)

Note: it may not work with some edges.

Thanks. :o

Thank you for this - this just works so simply and very well!!

You are welcome and Thank you for your feedback. :o

Very nice addon finally someone is making uv editor better, could this be possible to do in blender where you could instantly see which uv islands are flipped, overlaying or both? https://answers.unrealengine.com/storage/temp/3282-overlapping+uv+example.jpg

Would pay for this feature seriously.

Thank you for your feedback :o, I will take a look and see if I can do it.

Updated Version 1.0.2:

What’s New:

• Hard edges from UV islands.

This feature allows you to mark edges as ‘Sharp’ based on the boundaries of the selected UV islands - similar to ‘Smoothing groups from UV shell’ in 3ds Max.

How to use this function:

1-In the Image/UV editor select the UV islands or a face from each UV island you want to perform the operation on.

2-Press ‘Hard edges from islands’ button.

3-Done!

(Make sure that ‘UV and edit mode selection sync’ is turned On)

Note: it may take from seconds to minutes to mark the edges depending on the number of UV islands you have selected.

1 Like

Very cool, thanks!

Nice feature :slight_smile: thanks

You are welcome :o

Version 1.0.3:

What’s New:

• Pack UV islands while maintaining their size.

This feature allows you to Pack UV islands together while maintaining their size, useful when you have many small islands and you want to pack them but at the same time you don’t want to re-scale (Average islands scale) all the islands again - similar to ‘Pack together’ in 3ds Max.

How to use this function:

1-In the Image/UV editor select the UV islands or a face from each UV island you want to perform the operation on.

2-Choose the ‘Margin’ of packing and if you want to ‘Rotate’ the islands or not.

3-Press ‘Pack together’ button.

4-Done!

(Make sure that ‘UV and edit mode selection sync’ is turned On)

Note: it may take from seconds to minutes to pack the islands depending on the number of UV islands you have selected.

Currently this function and hard edges from UV islands are slow, but I will try to improve them in the future - they may look working fast in the video but that because blender doesn’t record delays.

1 Like

I got a failure when i want to install the Addon:

These are really fine addition!

I also have an error installing

Can you please try to install this file :[ATTACH]507146[/ATTACH]

Can you please try to install this file :[ATTACH]507146[/ATTACH]

I have problem v 1.0.4

I have problem v 1.0.4[ATTACH=CONFIG]507189[/ATTACH]

Hi spdB3d, in installed 1.04 version and the failure still exists
Best Regards

What build did you install it on? I tested it on 2.79 official and it works fine.

On both 2.79 buolds it doesnt install: 2.79 official and the 2.79 fracture build

Okay try this:Align UV Island.zip (2.61 KB)

I hope it fix the error