Undone

The latest artwork from my series “Silhouette”.
Time spent : +50 hours. Render time : 19 Hours on i5-4200M @ 2.5GHz.
Credits:
Textures: Textures.com

Wow, it looks really nice. I really like the atmosphere in it. :slight_smile:

thank you :slight_smile:

holy crap! i am full of prejudice. sorry man but when i saw the title, the scene and your name, i instantly though about an arabian terrorist before doing a suicideattack. first impression. picture is great and my mind is sick.

pretty awesome!

@ s-markt
:smiley: feels nice to know your mind is propagated by the mass media, glad you realized it - the power of art :slight_smile:

@abdoubouman
interesting
until done… keep going
wabi-sabi
:wink:

Every thing looks great… the lighting and ‘fog’ effect… which I personally can never seem to get right…
that little bit of lens flare from the truck head light glancing over the shoulder of the main figure… oooooohhhh… nice!
Only thing that might bother me … if I looked just a little too long at it…
is the concrete texture … where the main character is standing…

and I guess it bothers me because you nailed everything else…
the brick… is perfect…
the asphalt… right on the money…
the signs…
the well worn metal poles…

all great…

but that concrete…

coarse the side walk may all be made of asphalt… AFAIK…
I heard of places using Asphalt up on the side walks before…
I just never seen a place that does that…

anyways…

not anything I noticed right off… so no BigEE…

Here’s some reference pics…
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=side%20walks%20at%20night&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=side%20walks%20at%20night&sc=8-19&sk=&cvid=447D3231C7EA44C88BEAADA4C0EF9825

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
@norvman I see what you mean. It was originally meant to be concrete mixed with small pebbles, but it’s a bit too dark and it looks like asphalt, yeah. Thanks for the critique :slight_smile:

One question that i constantly ask myself … the guy standing next to the pole is a 2d photo right ? How do you make it look like 3D and merge it into the scene ? Same for the lighting on him ? Is it all photoshop ? If so did you know if theres some kind of tutorial out there for that kind of thing ?

Anyway gr8 picture, really like the feel and the composition

nice atmoshphere, love it!

thanks, @blade113 :slight_smile:

Actually it’s all 3D, not a 2D picture. see this https://abdoubouam.deviantart.com/art/Outfit-Work-In-Progress-706851547

Damn, wasnt expecting it. Thats why it looked so good