Low performance with new computer

Hi guys,
I recently bought new Machine, bit i am little bit diapointed, because i honestly do not see much improvement in performance from my old PC. I currently have ryzen 5 1600x And GTX 1080(both OC), but scene Is still laggy As before(i am Working on on scene with a big particle system). I upgraded to win10, flashed bios, upgrade all drivers, because i knew that ryzen have problems with compatability, bit anything happened. What should i do? Is in blender some special settings to optimize my PC? Please help me, i am really sad right Now. I spend a lot of money mainly because of blender, but nothing happened (my old PC was half a Price of this one and 6yrs old.) Thanks for aby help.

You might want to give us more information on that scene: The fact that it has “a big particle system” alone is a bit vague…
Also: The scene lags when doing what? Navigating the viewport? Texture painting? Animating?

In general: Blender’s viewport performance sucks regardless of the computing power and you’ll find a gazillion posts about this in this forum. AFAIK an overhaul of the viewport display code is on the agenda for 2.80. Until then, well, you likely have to live with the status quo. But cheer up: The new machine will pay when it comes to rendering, caching simulations and many other things.

If you are not referring to Cycles render or rendered view, single thread performance is important for many other tasks in Blender. Does your old CPU score better compared to the new CPU?
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

On the Ryzen single-core performance, right now, the IPC is estimated to be at the level of Intel’s Broadwell processors (so the single-core performance would be about 10-15 percent less than Coffee Lake). Regardless of that though, you should see a sizable increase in the performance of tasks that can use all 6 cores.

However, a refreshed line of Ryzen chips will come in the middle of next Winter and the improved fab process alone should net a single-threaded performance increase of 10 percent (likely even more once all changes are factored in).