BGMC 26 Discussion Thread

BGMC 26 is coming soon. Post your theme ideas and preferred starting date. I want to start no sooner than in 2 weeks to give everyone ample time to read this.

If you have a prize you want the winner to receive, PM me about it.

Prizes:

• 1st place: BPainter license ($40)
  • 2nd place: $5 + custom 3D logo for anything
  • 3rd place: custom 3D logo

Rules:

• The blend file size limit will be 40mb. Remember, only submit the blend and data. Don’t publish the game as standalone.
  • The game must be open source
  • The game must be made with BGE, UPBGE, Armory, Blend4web. UPBGE is recommended.
  • Don’t use a far-off version of Blender. If possible, use the latest version of BGE or UPBGE.
  • Premade assets are allowed as long as they are shared publically.

Facebook group to stay updated.

Did I miss anything?

Theme Idea Elemental

Time - Whenever

Theme: Sidescroller
Time: Week of Sunday, November 12th

Theme: Sky

Mind if its not just a .blend file ?
I usually put my scripts in a folder next to the .blend.

edit: Ok thanks sdgeoff :slight_smile:

@WKnight02:
Generally multiple files is not a problem. In the past, the size limit has been the size of a zip file containing your entire project. Also, Sky was a theme back in BGMC 7 - not that I’d mind doing it again.

Theme Ideas:

• The Lighthouse
  • The World Below
  • Final voyage
  • Not Alone
  • The navigator
  • Starfall

Yeah, I had mentioned you can do that.

only submit the blend and data

The blend file size limit will be 40mb. Remember, only submit the blend and data. Don’t publish the game as standalone.

I understood as packing the data in the .blend, nevermind me :slight_smile:

I tried thinking about more themes, but man I can’t get any ideas…

If you talk to Thatimster he can set you up with the keys to the Facebook group, good to advertise there as this forum has been a bit slow lately.

For themes, I’d like to see:
Total war!
The 80’s
Money
Giant monsters
Engineless Racing
The N00b (low level adventure)

What about crash? video game were the objective is to destroy… :RocknRoll: just thought I’d throw that in, hehe

Theme(s):
Sci-Fi
Graphics (Like the best graphics you can get however this would be tricky see how there is only a 40mb file limit)
Parkour
Survival Island
Simulaor

Start time:
November 11th (It’s always good to start competitions on weekends because probably a lot of students want to participate in this like I)

There are other ways to achieve good graphics apart from high-res textures. Good shaders, layered textures and other similar features take up nearly 0 memory, but can make up some high-end graphics if done right.

Also, I may want to take part, but I doubt that I’d be able to make something due to my tense routine in school (I’m usually back at dorm at like 19:00-21:00). This week would have been great, but it’s too late to suggest and also it’s not that good any more since I got ill - yep, I always tend to get ill at school holidays. Life sucks, huh?

Anyways, a few more theme suggestions:

• diplomacy
  • too good to be true
  • backdoor
  • amplified

Also, I really like given themes not alone, engineless racing & parkour, I think those could make out something nice.

I dont think so, all fit here.

Theme idea : medieval

When does it start?

Theme ideas:
Stealth/Tactical
Explosion
GirlyGirl
scary
year 10,000!
world war 4
Thanksgiving(lol)
Out of Mind
Astrophysics
Epic Triumph
Teleportation
Rebellion
Shocking drama story

Time to Start: Any Time after Nov.3rd

Theme idea real time strategy game

November 13th seems like a good starting date for the competition. That means I’ll start the theme voting this Monday, October 30th. Voting will last a week and a half. I’ll then make the announcement on Friday, November 10th.

The competition will take place from November 13th to November 20th. November 12th will be the designated planning day.

superior awesomeness!!! This time I will enter a game…feel bad that I missed 24 and 25. I really wanted to finish those but family and life got in the way EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! not this time! they will leave me alone and I will make this work!

I have a question however…what are the requirements…my reason is to know if premade assets are allowed?

I know of the other standard stuff…not over 40 megs…that stuff…just wondered if there are more? thanks!

40 mb file size limit is so that people don’t have to download too large of files. It’s really not a difficult limit.