Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: going realistic

Getting better all the time!

I am slightly concerned with the "shine" level, most young ladies I know (read into that what you will.....) like to get rid of too much shine by using matte makeup, I showed this to one of my young relatives and she said "needs some matte makeup". I am not sure this counts as expert advice as she is quite young, you know at that awkward age between birth and thirty.

Excellent progress, keep it up, I am not bored looking at your work.

Cheers, Clock.
    K.I.S.S - a good maxim I think, and Granddads know best!
    "You are completely bonkers." - @Gumboots
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfO...1sCoG0NqZkgaAg

hello Clock, well they are our future haha, but ye know what u mean, its crazy, well im not that good in photoshop, but if I save it in an exr instead of png I get interally different values when I do some color magic ( but as I painfully realized is that im not that good in ps )

here are two variations, the one with the black background is the exr and just some levels correction , auto tone and some vibrattions.

the other one is a bunch of things i did, but no auto tune .

which one is the best i turns of realism ? ,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soon12.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	506292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soon10.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	506293

but im kinda going for the first one, like it more anyways. but then agien maybe the otherone looks more realistic haha

First one for me, definitely, second one looks a little too pale, like she is a little unwell.... Just a thought though; back off the saturation a little on the first one, it's slightly reddish on my Mac screen.

I am pleased to see that you have variations from one side of the face to the other, a good test is to cut the image in half, then make two images with right side and mirror-right side, then left side and mirror-left side - it's very interesting to do this, particularly with your own face, assuming you don't break your camera taking the picture, like I did.....

Cheers, Clock.
    K.I.S.S - a good maxim I think, and Granddads know best!
    "You are completely bonkers." - @Gumboots
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfO...1sCoG0NqZkgaAg

hello agien, so its been awhile, havent had the time really, ( and the 200 different versions i ve tossed ) So I really want to make her blond, AND I dont only want the neutral pose I want her to smile, and not look super creapy , but well i have been looking at this for a while now, and is it creepy ? i cant tell i wanna say she has a nice smile, but then aginen..

SO anyways, I did this quick render, and the hair isent on full quality, since the computer im on now would fry, and there for I think it looks dry, this will be fixed later on.

OH and one thing that im really happy about is that the shape key with sculpting seems to work now ( had problems in prevouis versions.

well here is the blond smiling girl..

Name:	soon41.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	507527

oh, and just noticed that the vains in the eyes need fixing, I have done some major plastic surgery on this on, also added subtle facial hair, but on this low quaility its not very noticeble.

But to be honest, I do think that I got the theeth color right , even tho this one got really white smile it isent "to" white, and to achive that I simple mixed a diffuse with a subsurface, and the subsurface I had a slight yellow tint and settings on .2

so showed it to my gf and she said right away, to white theeth.. soo Ill redo that aswell..

hee is a little preview on the model without the hair just to show her off sort of speak

Name:	soonpreview.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	507538

I think she looks really good! Not just pleasing but also pretty convincing, at least in terms of selling that smile! I don't know if you're going for ultra realistic or more of a stylized reality, but when I saw the current thumbnail for this thread, I thought it was a reference image. And seeing the full size image, I think she still holds up just as well. She's one of the most convincing looking characters I've seen on this forum in a long time!
    My Visual Effects Channel: Classy Dog Films > http://www.youtube.com/user/ClassyDogFilms

hello James, damn ! thats really fun to hear !

And I do belive i dident get the ultra creepy look from the smile so will keep working on that, for now I went back to dark hair, for some reason blond hair is super hard to do right, BUT I have done some big changes ( agien ) and I think this looks better, ( Im saving all of my progress so have like 200 different folders with renders and the files )

I am hand painting all the textures but I see Olivia Wilde in this one ? , this is just a quick and dirty render with some super basic photoshop "talent" ..

would love some feedback, and keep it on the level as James..

Name:	dirty2.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	507667

I do belive her hair line can go down a smudge, and im working on the eyes,
    Last edited by rybergs; 06-Dec-17 at 17:01.

and yes James, My goal is ultra realistic, So got some way to go, but I really want to push my self. !

I might draw the jaw out a bit, but just slightly, or not not decided yet tho.. the eyebrowns and upper lashes needs work, the lower once Im pretty happy with.

and ofc the big hair is something that will be refined.

so did a little update, but got much more to do, i think the lower lashes became to strong here so im removing some of them, and the facial hair got to strong aswell so thinning it out, the red on the side of the eyes are a bit to strong for me, im gonna make the throat muscles a little more noticeble and general fixes on the hair, fixed the eyebrowns, just need a litte more volym, the upper lashes needs work aswell..

cheers

Name:	soon47.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	507715

here is a low qulity render ( cause it takes sooooo long time to rende right noW :/ )
    im testing a new lighting setup, fixed the lashes, kinda happy now, fixed the eyes a little bit, and also played with the eyebrowns. getting closer ( this is a low quality so the hair is much bigger strand wise that it is suppose to be )

Name:	soon48.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	507731

That's looking a lot better, a few things stand out at me:

1. The eye lashes, while a nice amount and distribution along both the top and bottom lid, are all sticking directly up or down, they should be a bit more curved/bent in in a left/right direction and even a little random or crossing over each other a little.

2. The lighting/shading under the nose seems a little dark/green and once you move up a little, it just seems to wash out on the sides and tip, till you start to move up the bridge and then skin tone/life kicks back in.

3. The edges around the lips, especially the bottom lip just looks too sharp/dark or defined, almost like she had a lip transplant and that's the scar line.

The whites of the eyes look much better compared to the previous one.

hello tony , and thx for the feedback, ye the nose thing I will have to investigate! like a csi I will will enhance the cam video to UHD..

but ye I dont know why that is, I will have to try some stuff out. the lashes actually isent straight up but I do see what u mean And I did do some re grooming , posting picture here.

Name:	lashes.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	867.1 KB 
ID:	507754

well its becouse of something I saw today on artstation, it is something all seem to do, dont know why so I decided I wanted to do it aswell.. here is the link for ex"https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G0Y5N" but now when I think about it I could blend it a bit more , ye ill do that, thx .. !

so Ill come bac with a new render tomorow after that is fixed, if U have something else just throw it out there ! , cheers

about the nose I think its only how the shadows come on it,

Even tho its a low rez viewport render, those eyelashes look a lot better.

getting fairly close, redid the eyes, something bothering me tho, dont know what yet, well well so far

Name:	soon49.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	668.8 KB 
ID:	507818

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast