Importing Open Source Model

So I found a model made free by it’s creator for anyone to use, but I’m having problems figuring out how to import it into Blender, it’s split up into .obj. .xmp and CR2 files, and I am unsure how I put it all together to view the model in Blender. All I want to do is take some top down pictures of it.

Also on a side note is there anywhere I can see the exact degrees of orientation for my view in Blender? I’m a bit of perfectionist, so I’d like it be as dead on top down as I can.

Import the .obj file from the File / Import
Ignore the .xmp file
Convert the .cr2 file to an image file blender can use such as .jpg (do a google search for how to convert)
Add the image texture to the object material

is there anywhere I can see the exact degrees of orientation for my view in Blender?
If you’re just viewing your scene in the viewport, no.

For top view use numpad 7
Look through the camera (numpad 0) and you can see the orientation of the camera in the properties panel

The model I am trying to view in blender is from this pack: https://free3d.com/3d-model/tau-tank-collection-warhammer-40k40000-11097.html

I see that there are jpg textures for the model as well, is there a way to just apply them?

Apologies if linking to external sites is forbidden or anything.

also, numpad 5 will get the viewport into orthographic/parallel mode if just num7 doesnt give the grid.

if through a camera, then the orthographic settings are in the camera properties.

often the obj will import with custom normals which can be cleared in the mesh properties (where the uv maps are).

Sorry to bump my own thread, but I never got a reply to my second post, I think people missed it as I had to wait for moderation before it appeared.