BA - archive of textures, models and scripts

Hi there!

I’ve been wanting to offer such a topic for a long time - create an archive Blender Artists with textures, models, scripts. You can make a license -“You can use the resource for free, only in the Blender environment and if you the forum member.”

What for?
To promote Blender, the forum, and the rapid development of the very creation of games in the environment of BGE (UPBGE). Just when there is one common place with topics, there will be general development. Search the forum topics unfortunately not very convenient, and the formulation of the issue - a common archive, contributes to development, and not dead end individualism. The structure of the archive, based on simple folders.
Assign a responsible person who will be responsible for the replenishment (filtration) of resources, will always be mentioned by participants … And it is possible, if someone makes a successful commercial project, there will be a little financing of the archive itself - as premiums to active participants, for someone it can be a good income.
Also such a topic can become the beginning of a common commercial project.
The dead zone in development comes when everything for the implementation of the project is, and neither does it come out, or a low-quality product comes out. “Lego” is available to many, but few will create masterpieces.

Thank you for attention. Cheers!

p.s. I would gladly transfer my archive from Google Drive to this forum, it could be the basis for development. Another structure of the archive is possible, but with what it is necessary to begin. Even for the beginning we can take my BGE_FPS_game_KIT (WIP), in principle, it was created - to continue to develop the project for everyone by common forces - this is the move of the horse.

EDIT: delete post I misread.

• Are you sure that there is a difference? In my opinion on this forum there is no exact difference between these words - to communicate and share, they are synonymous.

Then someone came and showed a fist … from Unity or what? or Unreal…

I wholly disagree with your point…keeping these assets ‘blender only’ and I cannot participate in this thread, while I think your intentions are to benefit blender…I feel it is a bit misguided. There is nothing wrong with people using ‘free’ assets from here in any of those packages…that is what ‘free’ is…it is either ‘free’ or it has to conform to terms…making something not ‘free’. Free is a black and white thing, there is no grey area.

• Justin, black and white - this world is not limited. There are many shades of even that gray one. And everything really depends on the need.
    And to be honest - I also want everything to be as I want! And at what, that there was no apprehension for anything. Well … and more money.

It’s strange, maybe I’m not really a pro in the production of games … but somehow the topic stands still. And the topic seems to be a little up-to-date, as it seemed to me.
How many friends have BA and Ton !!!:yes:

It exists. It’s called Blendswap. It isn’t doing extreemly well, but it’s there. I agree about stuff being free or not. If it’s free it should be free for everyone same as Blender. It is free for everyone.

• there is not such a format of the site, BA. And the structure of the archive, it seems to me, is better as a simple home directory in Linux.

I agree about stuff being free or not. If it’s free it should be free for everyone same as Blender. It is free for everyone.

• probably a little wrong. If I create something, then I have the right to freely give it under my conditions. For example, as MS-DOS, there is also a variant of conditional free-of-charge - if I’m not mistaken. There is also such a concept - conditionally free content. This move, as you understand, for the promotion of Blender and the site itself - everything is just admissible. Who does not like this, the Internet is big and diverse. At the very least, the content can be made completely free, after a certain time.

Yes, I do understand that and I am not arguing intellectual property rights. You can license your work as you please, of course. The thing is, you are asking this question in relation to making Blender more popular, however these ideas of yours are in conflict with ideas at the core of free open source concept that is the reason Blender exists. I assume you do not want to share only your assets as well and it involves community. It might make things more difficult with these limitations as people who share stuff for free might want it to be free, because they might be doing it motivated by the same ideas conflicting with yours. I know I would not share my assets if these ‘Blender only’ restrictions applied, however I share things under CC0 license gladly. There might be other people like me. I mean if it’s not completely free, there is less ‘greater good’ in it so I might as well get paid for it the way I see it.

@Nick Manchul: licensing and being free are two different things…either way, I have said my peace…I continue to disappoint myself by posting here.

• no, Ton very much allows Blender even paid content (I’m not due to paid start of the post), but without conditional free of charge, some things are impossible.

I assume you do not want to share only your assets as well and it involves community.

• no, for me there is not yet hidden anything, except for some game - quad room, and then that license with a grammatical error is so, for large “wolves”, who would have stolen the game, but the law does not allow. I wanted the opposite, that everything would be available - look at my topics, there are very all free and interesting.

It might make things more difficult with these limitations as people who share stuff for free might want it to be free, because they might be doing it motivated by the same ideas conflicting with yours.

• probably, so the person writes from Unity or something else … For us, a loving BGE is not a burden :yes:

I know I would not share my assets if these ‘Blender only’ restrictions applied, however I share things under CC0 license gladly. There might be other people like me. I mean if it’s not completely free, there is less ‘greater good’ in it so I might as well get paid for it the way I see it.

• but I do not stand with arms in my hands and do not force you. And I’m not afraid for some reason of such openness - I probably like to create with Lego, but not to own it. I already started to make this Lego - for everyone. Will I make the final product? I do not know…I believe that clay should not be paid or very expensive (in case of emergency) -the final product should be like. So it should be that clay was easier.

I recently worked on simplifying the production of games - for all and free. And I tried to show Blender - with beautiful graphics … and sufficiently optimized.

• You write a complaint to Ton Roosendaal, why in Blender, even paid content is allowed. I offered only conditionally free of charge, in the interests of Blender himself. Rather, I did not offer paid content, but one that can be used under certain conditions.

Now there is communication - we will mix facts and expose you as a fool

What is up with you? We are all just talking. You are thinking about an archive of textures, models and scripts, we are providing you feedback about your ideas. We are helping YOU. Appreciate it. Without knowing the opinions of other people you will not be able to achieve anything in a community. You don’t have to do anything about someone ease’s views except read them and understand them, that is all. Expose someone as a fool? Seriously? And you complained about the topic standing still? What did you expect? People talking without expressing their views? Get yourself together, man. Your behavior will discourage people from talking to you even if they like your ideas. I will let you practice just understanding someone ease’s view without doing anything about it and unsubscribe from this thread. This post is for you to think about, not to answer, don’t bother.

• not so simple - many write one thing, but pursue other goals. I write this as an excuse - for all:
  • BGE is a good engine, but for some reason it does not develop among users - very few games, commercially successful, and this is an indicator for the program. I’m just very glad that Blender is free, I also saw ways to promote both ВA and BGE (as it seemed to me). But if the BA society decides to make everything fully accessible (archive) without any conventions, I will be happy about it. This does not interfere with my inner self - this is also a step forward, towards simplicity and progress.
    Simply resources, this is not software - they can be used in a different environment, and I would like to raise BGE first - Unity is as successful as Unreal.
    Someone will come, take everything good from the archive, and carry it to Unity, and does not even mention Blender - it’s not very good, I think. We are still BA societies and not UA, or UA - it’s not about Ukraine;).
    There can be a problem of translation - I do not speak English, it must also be taken into account - forgive me.

There is such a thing - a broken man (will). Such an occupation for large “wolves”, but not in favor of freeware. I hope no one does this on the forum. Money and power makes people monsters. And spirituality and understanding are more than words (text) - still no one has canceled.
I hope no one deceives the Ton and we will be happy about the new BGE

How do you think how much Ton should pay, what would happen? :evilgrin:

Ton, Metallica - Unforgiven:eyebrowlift:.

Of course it’s a joke, the Ton is not an as… to do this to us …

And what, guys?
topic01
topic02
Everyone says - I’m free, I go to the store myself, to my own work! Are you sure that you are free … spiritually?
It seems even on the forum of the BA there are people who suffered from such problems - a subscription about not disclosing.
Who now has doubts about the need for an archive under this license - Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License? Well, if you want to deduct money from your projects, for the rightholders of some resources, or even cooperate with them - forward, this is your choice.
We in Ukraine have such a proverb - free cheese only in a mousetrap.

Now, for the present, I wish you success in your work. Cheers.

p.s. all the information I received from aliens:p, I ask not to disturb those who are tied up :evilgrin:

We in Ukraine have such a proverb - free cheese only in a mousetrap.

you know someone has paid for that cheese… and paid for the trap it self… nothing is free.

Why you need an archive? resource section is one huge archive of this forum.
Search and 90% chance you will find what you need.

Just create your own topic there, put in any example/textures/scripts/blends/etc. that you want to share, with or without a license and be in total control of it.

Or use one of the many sites that share assets/blends.

you know someone has paid for that cheese… and paid for the trap it self… nothing is free.

• I understand you, if only it does not become an excuse for fraud - which can even be canceled by copyright.