ACE Crane

Here is a real-size model of Indian ACE Crane. I hope you like it.

1920x1080 Resolution:

If anyone is interested, here is a turntable animation and some clay renders:

3 Likes

Really nice work.

I didnā€™t believe at first it was honest CGI. I convinced myself only for the exact correspondence between the still render and the turntable.
Excellent work. I like most the shining sunlight, really realistic.

I was wondering why someone would share a real life picture on a 3D modeling forumā€¦simply amazing, great job!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile: Thatā€™s good :slight_smile: I hope you liked the turntable, it was my very first.

Thanks! :slight_smile: I am glad I made this better than my previous train scene.

Pshh quit lying, this is a photograph! I can tell because it looks to realistic! Okay, I am only joking about it being a photo but it is very realistic, honestly if you didnā€™t tell me otherwise I would think itā€™s a photo. Not even sure there is room for critique here :slight_smile:

Thanks, Rob! And thanks HDRI HAVEN!

The image here is almost perfect (I say almost because I could nitpick on a few things, such as some textures could be a tad sharper or more detailed).

Good work.

Thanks! yes. Especially the concrete textures :smiley:

This is great! The only thing that seemed a bit out of place is the right part of the sky in bottom, perhaps a little too dark compared to the ground?

Hey, Usernew, I didnā€™t realize you were the one who made this. I remember some of your entries in the weekend competitionā€¦ Dang, I didnā€™t know your were this good! Your entries were good, but this is amazing. Just a couple questions, if you donā€™t mindā€¦ How long did it take you to make this? And can you tell us more about the lighting? Surely it wasnā€™t just an HDRI?

Hey, Rob! Thanks :slight_smile: This was my third big project. I am just a beginner as of now.

This took around two and a half weeks to complete with the latest revision with tyre marks. I would say 60% of the time was spent looking for reference images. They are so hard to find. Damn! I had to take screenshots from youtube videos and they were still not good enough. So, much of the engine compartment was not-so-good guess work. Honestly, this would have taken me 4-5 days max to finish this if I had good references.

The lighting was purely from HDRI. Thanks to HDRI Haven! :slight_smile:

Initially, I was going for a more yellow sunset scene. But because I am a beginner, I had some problems with the lighting. See here:

I then removed the yellow sun and just kept HDRI.

This is the HDRI:

oh! I occasionally pick up big projects where I learn most of the modeling stuff. If you are interested, here are some of my renders:

Yes, I get lazy on the weekend challenges because I spend much of the time on FIFA 18. I should really focus on Blender. I admit that.

You know what, I have seen that train image before, very cool indeed. I only recently started working on 3D and so the only projects I have done so far are the weekend challenges, and during the week I just kind of fiddle around and learn new techniquesā€¦ But, Iā€™m thinking I should maybe start a project that I spend a couple weeks on, and see what happens. My problem though is I get kind of burnt out quickly, so the flow of spending 2 days over the weekend cranking out a project is more my pace, BUT I think that comes at a cost, which is not having enough time for the finer detailsā€¦ Anways, not sure why I am even mentioning all of that, itā€™s pretty obvious. But yea, I think maybe I have some bad HDRI images because my lighting never comes out like thatā€¦ I typically get this flat, omni-directional lighting that looks gross so I generally shy away from themā€¦ But this makes me think I am doing something wrong or using the wrong maps. Iā€™ll try a few from HDRI Haven and see what happens, been meaning to try it out since it went free anyways.

Can i get the 3d file of this and what is cost for that and which software its been made thanks

Hey.

Itā€™s made in Blender

May I know the purpose for getting the 3D file?

This was made for my portfolio.

HI this is suresh here form India i need this file for digital film where a tractor pull this care because i have the same model of the crane in real so i am going use the real crane for live shoot and i ma going to make a dummy crane because its got stuck in swamp so the tractor pools the care out it so i will replace the dummy to cg model and we are going to do it in max can you help me with the model

my mail id is [email protected] for anything you can mail me