Help needed with Soft Body Car Crash

Hi folks,
I have been banging my head against abrick wall for a day or so now trying to follow the car crash tutorial by Albin Merle:

It uses a combination of rigid body and sofy body physics to give the deformation of a car on impact.
As soon s I reach the point where you are altering the Soft Body Goal settings to produce a suitable deformation on impact, I come to a grinding halt.
Changing the goal settings min/max/default by as little as 0.01 seems to have a dramatic effect and the soft body cage goes from sticking to the ground and being super-squishy to being practically a hard-body. Indeed most of my changing of settings seems to have no visible results until they become extreme.
At no point have I manage to get a setting which produces the isolated deformation Albin manages in his tutorial.

I have uploaded a couple of attempts to my google drive and if anyone with more understanding could look at them and maybe point me in the direction I should be going I would be most grateful.
Attempt #1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7AJLNQrsW-NSVNDYjZ0S1RMX28
Attempt #2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7AJLNQrsW-NMWdxUGFsWEZGOWM

Hi
I’ve also tried to recreate that tutorial and had the same problem. After hours of experimenting I found this values quite promising:

But it seemed to me that the settings are heavily dependend on the size of your geometry and how far the rigid body cage pushes into the ground. I think you’ll just have to experiment further. I found reading all the tooltips for the soft body settings quite helpful.

BTW: I never finished the tutorial - I got stuck when setting up the deform modifier for my ‘final’ car model - the baked soft body mesh never changed the car geometry :frowning:

Yeah, it’s quite frustrating, it seems a very hit and miss method of getting good deformation. Tiny value changes seem to have a massive difference and there doesn’t appear to be any logic to how it all ties together. :frowning:

I’m actually having the same issue, I’m trying to follow along and I need to be able to make the soft body work on the low res, and then apply the deformations to the high res that I have in a different layer. I think I made another post about this same issue.

What I do know is that once you have your rigid body animation the way you like it, you need to bake to animation, and then apply the soft body to the keyframes between before where it hits until the end of the animation.