Chocofur Showreel

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share with you the results of my work from the past few weeks. I’ve created the Chocofur Showreel as a part of the promotional material for the Chocofur Model Manager that will be released for free on 24th of November this year. Some of the scenes visible in the cover below are not present as I wasn’t fully happy with them (looked nice as stills but not so good in motion).

A few words about the reel:

• Total length of 60 seconds (I’ve rendered over 90 seconds of clips)
  • Created in Blender 2.79 and rendered in Cycles
  • Edited in Photoshop and After Effects (no external plugins, just basic adjustments like exposure, curves etc)
  • Rendered on a single GTX 1070 on my laptop
  • Total production time including renderings and concept approx 30 days.

You can watch the animation here:

I hope you like the final results :slight_smile: To be honest I was planning to make the reel a bit longer, unfortunately I couldn’t spend more time on it and had to move on to other projects.

If you’d be interested in getting the project files and using them for your own projects, please check the Chocofur Store for more details.

I’ll be more than happy to hear your feedback and answer any questions!

Attachments

It’s impossible to not say “It’s beautiful!!!” .

Really great… !!!

The best clip, the one with the falling furniture that goes fluids… and the surprise to see that also the objects on the furniture fluid away… :slight_smile:

NICE NICE NICE!

Doing great!
Congrats & thanks for the inspiration :slight_smile:

Simply awesome!

Hey everyone, thanks a lot for your appreciation! I forgot to mention my inspiration were the look books from furniture company called Bolia. Unfortunately their look books are only available in paper but still worth checking if anyone’s interested :slight_smile:

Fantastic work. How do you create this bed blanket and pillows? They look awesome.
Do you have video-tutorials on how to create alle this? I would pay for that. :smiley:

I’m always amazed from your works, perfect everytime!

One of the best. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

wow that’s a wonderful work! congrats!

Hey guys, thanks for your appreciation. I’m currently working on a short “Making of” video and will post a link here as soon as it’s ready.

Hey everyone, a quick update on this project! The Model Manager is already out and if you’re interested please check out this link and the video below explaining how to use it! Your feedback is always much appreciated :slight_smile:

very nice,is bedsheets,pillows done with blender cloth sim?

Great work lechu !
I’m glad to see Chocofur growing so fast.
I very apreciate your high quality and contemporary stuff.

Keep on going your great work.

Well done indeed. What spec is your laptop? 1070 GTX… that must be a beauty beast!

@Alain - thanks man, I’m doing my best :slight_smile:
@Fallirini - the laptop I’m using is Asus g752v: https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VS/ I can really honestly recommend that type of hardware to anyone interested in performance and mobility. It wasn’t the best choice I could make, I was catually aiming for one of the Acer Predators due to better screen, but still I’m more than satisfied with the purchase. The laptop has gtx 1070 with 8gb of Vram and 64 gigs of standard memory, it also enables you to plug an external gpu and have additional rendering power.