*- Plant Central -* totaly free plants for the Cycles engin

First off I really don’t want to step on anyone’s toes (people like Andrew making money off of “3D plant assets”). Not everyone can afford asset packs :stuck_out_tongue: . I have never had the money to purchase things like Quexil Megascans or the Grass Essentials and so I was left with only one option. Scan and model all my own assets.
These assets are all models I have made myself over the years. I am now collecting them from the far reaches of my hard drive and putting them all into one usable blend file.

So…
I give you Plant Central

Over the next few days I will be preparing what I have for upload. While posting progress :slight_smile:

thanks in advance

8 Likes

Here are the first renders!
I love to here feedback! thanks

Here are some mushrooms, various kinds of grasses and a few weeds.

Edit:
I started doing a scene to demo the assets.
If you have questions, post away. I will do my best to answer.

thanks

Looking pretty neat, I’d like to see some of the individual assets!

I can’t wait to see the demo scene, so far it looks very realistic.

Here Is the First Demo Scene.(Thanks Harpyja) It is has a little bit of noise but hopefully it illustrates what the assets can do in a more close up scene.
I am also making a ‘large scale scene’ to demo the assets in.

2 Likes

(Yukon) Here are some renders of the individual assets.
Thank you so much for your replies.

This Is not really plants but there will be a few ground covering (Gravel, Pine needles, Wood chips) assets in the pack as well.

This sounds like a good idea. I have a bunch of plants I’ve made over the years too so when I see how you package your assets I may do the same thing.

Cool Oskar-A. I think as a community we could put together a pretty good library of completely free assets.

Here are a bunch of the assets in one test render. I am pretty happy with the translucency of the plant materials.

1 Like

I really like the last one, but I think that dandelions are not… fluffy enough. Like the don’t have enough seeds attached. I remember I made them some time ago, I’ll try to find them later :slight_smile:

They all look very nice, well done! Looking forward to its release. I’m currently making some nature stuff, and I think those would add some much needed realism. Also, you said you have scanned and modeled all of them. I’m curious about how you do it, would you mind adding some details on your process? Thanks again for your efforts!

Here is the work flow I’ve been using for the last few years :slight_smile: If the plant i want to make doesn’t grow near me then i just google it and use images off the net.
Also if you put the leaf in a scanner ( https://www.google.com/search?q=scanners&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 ) then you get really good image textures to use on your model.

1 Like

Here is another demo of what the assets can do.

1 Like

Bookmarked!

thanks for your work

How much will this cost?

1 Like

I would’ve hoped for at least some diversity, not doing more or less exactly the same as I did (needles, wood chips, etc.). There’s so much more that we need and I can’t do everything on my own anyway, so maybe additionally do something else as well :wink: Looking pretty nice otherwise!

1 Like

Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t responded in a while. We are currently building the Iridesium website where we will have the ‘Digital Nature’ (Including Plant Central and some rock scans) available for anyone to download. For now, I have a Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsVG9hd6Dqdj7lP-YPIgCjg

@beau11 These models will be totally free.

1 Like