Using a render farm for a series of static image renders

Hello! This is my first post here, apologies if it’s in the wrong place.

I am developing a webcomic using Blender, and it’s been going great so far, but I would like to look into producing much higher-quality renders using a render farm of some sort (I’ve been stuck rendering with CPU on a MacBook).

I know next-to-nothing about render farm services. From my understanding, you usually supply a .blend file, then a computer “presses the render button” and delivers your finished image/animation once it’s done? Problem is, I need to produce a series of hundreds of static images, not a single picture or a video file.

It just occurred to me today that I might be able to keyframe most of the camera shots and character poses for a given scene, which could be delivered in a single .blend. But is there a rendering service that could interpret such a file properly, producing a static render for each keyframe? Other possible solutions? I’m all ears. :smiley:

RenderStreet may be able to help here. You can simply keyframe your shots every 10 frames for example and then render on the farm the animation every 10 frames. It’s simple to set up the render job from the web interface, as well as from the Blender plugin we supply.

And if you run into any issues with the render process, just ask and we’ll be happy to help.

All render farms can and will produce image sequences, not video files, 99.99% of the time. Just keyframe your shots and poses in a range of frames and render the sequence to suitable image format. From the farm you will get back a bunch of image files with frame numbers in their names.