Bunny Stanford stress test

I would like to capture a rabbit like this rabbit (orange peel effect)

(image from Meshmixer web site)

After several experiments (Sverchok, crackit, spirofit etc) I created these rabbits:

Any suggestion to achieve a perfect orange peel effect in generative \ procedural design?

All of your models have much smaller scale intersection noise than your target. If you want it to look right at a larger scale, you’re probably going to need to do it by hand, at least at first until you get the technique down.
If you attach your base mesh, we can try some techniques. My first guess would be solidify, and then skin a shrink-wrapped spline generated from grease pencil, boolean intersection the two together to get the “orange peel” effect.
Something like this: OrangePeel.blend (98.4 KB)

Thanks for your suggestions.
this is the file Bunny-test.blend (753 KB)
manual solutions are also good if they are not too long but I would rather find a non-manual solution.

tnx a lot, your suggestions were useful!

Good! Neat result. Are you going to 3d print it?

nope, only render forn now :slight_smile:

nice stuff!!

here are the first two litters of bunnies !!! :smiley:

love it. did you get the idea of the bunny based on the early computer graphics tests of lore. Cause I think when they creating the first computer graphis they often tested with teapots and a bunny, due to having the crevices for shading. Anyway if so I love the level of geekery involved. :slight_smile: If not, a happy accident nontheless, that looks a lot like the bunnies used.

It is the very bunny, as the title calls out - the Stanford bunny: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_bunny

and the teapot is the Utah teapot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_teapot

Ohh okay cool, i didn’t remember the name, but i recognized the bunny at least.

another family of rabbits!!! :slight_smile:

this is the situation of the entire rabbit family for now :smiley:

very nice materials!

bunny #22, maybe the last for this year