I updated Ubuntu and blender nolonger works

so I updated to the latest Ubuntu and when I start blender the display starts strobing , thats the the only way I can think of to describe whats going on .
I had a similar problem when I updated blender a while ago so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it was working fine , but this time that didn’t work. And I also removed my ppa. any help would be really helpful ,thanks .

Just for a bit of troubleshooting, did you try launching it with ./blender-softwaregl from the terminal ?
I mean it sounds like somethings up with your drivers…

Please, provide Ubuntu and Blender version, your graphic card model and graphics driver version.
You can indicate what you get in the terminal with this command:

lspci | grep -iE 'vga|3D'

and this:

lshw -c video

This is for my laptop so it only has integrated graphics for an MAD A 8 .
When I tried to launch form the terminal it said “not found”.
The ubuntu version is , ubuntu 17.10 . And I tried blender 2.78 and 2.79 .
I entered the Ispci | grep-iE’vga|3d’ and Ishw-c video code and nothing came up .

I tried installing blender form the ubuntu software center, but i could not find any more so I downloaded directly from blender .org .
Thank you both so much , I’m for sorry for not being more clear I’m not very good with these things .

That was supposed to say AMD A8 , auto correct.

You open the terminal and with Internet connection available, you execute each of the following commands (watch for error messages and copy them here):

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dri

Reboot the machine.

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package xserver-xorg-videoamdgpu

That’s what I got .
And I really appreciate the help

You just select text with the mouse, copy and paste in the terminal. To paste in the terminal you can use the right mouse button menu. You see that a dash symbol is missing between ‘video’ and ‘amdgpu’

I looked into the divers myself after you guys said that was the problem,
one was turned off so I turned it back on . Un and reinstalled blender and I got 2.78 working! Thanks so much help I would not have figured out without you guys !

I registered just to say that I was having the same problem on Ubuntu 17.10 x64 with Blender v2.78c. I fixed it by going to:

Menu: File -> User Preferences
Tab: System
Window Draw Method: Tripple Buffer

Save User Settings and restart.