Fish

Normals were baked and adjusted with substance designer. Textured in photoshop and blender. Everything else was done in blender. Rendered with cycles

Attachments

This seems very nice. I especially like the light and the atmosphere.

Thank you! I used a volumetric scatter added with a volumetric absorption shader to simulate a little dirty water. A big Backlight to make the light soft and some spotlights with wave textures to give it a more organic feel to it. Glad you like it :slight_smile:

beautiful render.

Yeah, this was a beautiful image… :slight_smile: I’m almost expecting the fish to swim along… :slight_smile: Are you planning on an animation? A short one?

Nice work.

Can’t see clearly in the pic but the bottom middle fin should actually be 2 fins.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1883/8377/files/BLUE_TILAPIA_on_blue_large.png?v=1500663643

Oh thank you! Yeah I am thinking about it but the render times with volumetrics in cycles would be stupid on my stystem. But maybe I’ll try it with eevee :slight_smile:

Oh yeah you are right. I definitely fucked up on this one. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I like this image! It looks really realistic! How did you do for the scales? Did you sculpt them or is it a texture?

Thank you! :slight_smile: Honestly it is just an image from google images. I placed some parts of the texture in photoshop and then fixed the seams etc in blender. I used that finished color map to make a normal map in substance Designer which i mixed with the baked normal i got from the the sculpt. But the scales were just extracted from the color map. No sculpting there :slight_smile:

Well it looks good! Thank you for the explanations :slight_smile: