Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally Posted by Dantus View Post
    The engine is rather new and that means you can expect all sort of issues, such as hardware or driver specific issues or performance issues.
    It's worth pointing out that Armory is built on top of other technology - Haxe and Kha. The responsibility to get it working on multiple platforms appears to be with Kha, which currently has 41 contributors detailed on github - so not really a single developer effort when you consider the technology stack he is using. This gives me confidence in such issue being resolved within a reasonable timeframe when they arise.

Armory inside Blender 2.8 will look nice:

https://youtu.be/2-xkLH5FjPw?t=4m27s
    Last edited by artisanicview; 01-Dec-17 at 17:36.

I bought Armory a few months ago but I just signed up on patreon so I could support this project as well. It's absolutely worth it.

1/3 there.

Release notes for 0.1 (quite extensive, impressive development for one guy):
    http://forums.armory3d.org/t/armory-v0-1-is-out/546

Originally Posted by thomascheng View Post
    1/3 there.
    nearly 1/2 there
    If you want cool new features for Blender and Cycles ( like 1.5x to 2x faster renderings ), you can donate here https://www.paypal.me/matmenu and https://www.patreon.com/matmenu

Supported! Amazing work so far

3d painting video:

FPS template!

I would like to see an open world level example....like with >2K trees etc...I'm merely curious if it can handle it....BGE cannot.
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Myrlea, "The Shepherd's Quest" formerly "Valiant" [project]

Toon shading.

I backed the project yesterday and I played with it for a couple of hours. I just have two things to say: WOW. And I will definitely back it more. This thing is already amazing even at this early stage and the idea of having such an advanced game engine completely integrated in a 3d software is exciting. It would be very very sad if Armory3d don't get enough founding.

I really encourage people to check this out, you won't be disappointed.

Keep it up guys you are doing something great!!
    Blender Cycles: Lighting and Rendering Cookbook - http://www.packtpub.com/blender-cycl...-cookbook/book
    ArtStation - https://www.artstation.com/artist/bernardo

You don't "import" to armory3d! that's the idea behind integrating it to blender, so that there is no need to switch between programs like with blender/ue4 or unity.
    watch this for eg:
    Last edited by mohamed36; 13-Jan-18 at 15:44.

It looks like a lot of work went into this, and according to the Patreon page, once the goal is met, it will be released as open source. I think it would be awesome if Lubos joined up with Blender Foundation, Armory proceeded to replace aging BGE, and all the work done on the realtime renderer would be merged with Eevee efforts to get best of both

This should be merged with Blender.

why? I mean...it's fine to have options....would it not be better to pool all these resources and devs to work on the BGE implementation for Eevee?...and could anyone point out a game that is in actual production with armory...so far all I have seen are tech demos...there is a HUGE difference between demo and an actual game....trust me, if I wanted I could make some really nice eye candy in my game, but it would suffer in the gameplay department.

Originally Posted by JustinBarrett View Post
    why? I mean...it's fine to have options....would it not be better to pool all these resources and devs to work on the BGE implementation for Eevee?...and could anyone point out a game that is in actual production with armory...so far all I have seen are tech demos...there is a HUGE difference between demo and an actual game....trust me, if I wanted I could make some really nice eye candy in my game, but it would suffer in the gameplay department.
    There's not many serious games done with BGE either. If both efforts from Armory developer and Blender Foundation were merged together in terms of both game engine and realtime renderer, we would get both better game engine and realtime renderer

that depends on your definition of serious....I consider my game serious....it is not a AAA title(I'm not going to lie to myself ) but if I had a dedicated programmer and artist I am positive a serious game could be made with BGE...

I do agree that it would be better if they all worked together though on one game engine...maybe integrate Godot into blender(no, I know this is not going to happen)...another problem I have with armory is the choice of languages...I see python, C# and good old "C" to be the best choices for game scripting. I prefer C, but am liking python as well due to it's robustness and shit ton(not 'Ton') of lib's.

Originally Posted by JustinBarrett View Post
    that depends on your definition of serious....I consider my game serious....it is not a AAA title(I'm not going to lie to myself ) but if I had a dedicated programmer and artist I am positive a serious game could be made with BGE...

I do agree that it would be better if they all worked together though on one game engine...maybe integrate Godot into blender(no, I know this is not going to happen)...another problem I have with armory is the choice of languages...I see python, C# and good old "C" to be the best choices for game scripting. I prefer C, but am liking python as well due to it's robustness and shit ton(not 'Ton') of lib's.
    I am looking at it on a higher level, simply seeing duplicate efforts of two different developers doing the same thing. If they join the forces, it can speed up the development as well as increase its value and quality.

As for the success of a game, while its definition can be a bit arbitrary, I would definitely argue that it can be quantified. For example, I personally would consider a successful game one, that has made at least 500 sales on steam (or similar platform) while retaining "Positive" or better rating.

what if the game is released for free? I will be releasing my game totally free...including all code assets and sounds...basically everything I use to make it will be released with it.... sales is not the same as downloads...but I am allowing my personal feelings about my game get off topic here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123