Pinball game Highscore

Hi all,
I’ve been working on this pinball game, and for the life of me I can’t get the highscore to work. I’ve tried three different tutorials, and keep running into the same problem (as seen in the attachment). The rest of the game, including point by point scoring, works perfectly.
Any thoughts on what is wrong?
Will gladly submit more info or pics if needed.
I spent so many hours on this single problem…help

Attachments

the object “Text” needs a property to select.

Tobi has indeed good tutorials for this pinball machine, 4 parts follow them all.
And don’t say that you did else it was already working.

why are you copying the property?
property(text) -> and -> property (assign or add)

then it will count

or use a message as the sensor and when it recieves a messaget add a point to property text.

#edit
also this is not really the topic to ask a question, support and discussion is.
This forum section is meant for people who wanna show their work and keep us updated on the progression of it, and for game demos.

Cotaks, thanks for answering. If Tobi is the one who did the 4-part German tutorials…truly outstanding…and hope he does a part V. I’m not only trying to make a high score piece, but also attempting to have the tops of the bumpers light up. I’ve been on Blender for less than a year, so there’s still a slight learning curve.

Everything that I could grasp from the video’s works great, however I’ve tried incorporating tutorials beyond Tobi’s to have a “high score to beat” attachment. So I’m not sure what u mean by “don’t say that you did else it was already working”.

I’ll definitely look at the “property(text) -> and -> property (assign or add)”

If Tobi is the one who did the 4-part German tutorials

if i remember his name correctly he is.

and hope he does a part V.

he wont else he had already done that. if you want rails use a cylinder and form it how you like, ball will roll over it or trough it whatever you like.

I’m not only trying to make a high score piece, but also attempting to have the tops of the bumpers

well, topic is about highscore.

high score i can get you a resource, look in my sig you will find my version of the pinball machine, i licensed it as a gpl 3.0. it has high scores that are send to a webpage, put into a database and those results are being used in-game on a wall.

You need some experience in order to make something like that (php, mysql, html(for the web part), python in blender). So no clue if your able to figure it out on your own. And i am not going to guide you through all, to be honest. If you know how to use/setup a DB then its not so hard.

If you think that is totally out of your league, then you can use globalDict to save and load data, this makes the high scores local instead of world wide. also in my sig you will find resources that uses globaldict, so you can look at some examples.

more details about globalDict: http://bgepython.tutorialsforblender3d.com/GameLogic/loadGlobalDict

Glowing bumpers on collision i assume, use the replaceMesh() command when the ball collides with a bumper in python or logic brick (edit object -> replace mesh)

So I’m not sure what u mean by “don’t say that you did else it was already working”

I have looked over the high in the scores lol, sorry my bad.

Have fun building your pinball machine!