Blender Interface (2.70a) suddenly extremely washed out and bright

Hi!
I tried googling this issue but there was only one other thread about this (on this forum), but unfortunately no solution was found in that thread.
A couple of days ago my Blender interface suddenly turned very bright. Everything is light and washed out, as if someone turned on a curve filter or something. I tried resetting my default theme, in case something got messed up there, but it still happened. I re-downloaded Blender, but it was still weirdly bright. I decided to download the latest version (I have to use Blender 2.70a because Iā€™m using it in combination with another program thatā€™s only compatible with that version, so unfortunately it was no use), and on the latest version, the interface is the normal brightness. I also tried 2.71 and 2.72 and those were also incredibly bright, same as 2.70a.

Hereā€™s a screenshot of how it now looks:

And normally itā€™s like this:

I really hope someone knows what to do about this. Itā€™s incredibly annoying and itā€™s really only because I canā€™t switch to another version, otherwise I would be using the latest version!

Thats Blender Default for you :wink:

Go to users preference, Theme, and select one you like.

that is definitely not a theme issue. its a color management glitch, and i have no idea how to fix it. especially seeing how you gave NO info about your system or os.

Hi, I`ve the same problem with blender-2.71 and blender-2.72
GPU: GeForce GTX 760 (192-Bit) with latest drivers installed :wink:
CPU: i7-4770
Ram: 16 GB

Thx for reading :slight_smile:

The most obvious question would be: Do you really have to use 2.72 ?

Sry if this is an obvious ā€œyesā€ to you, due to certain addon-compatibilities (?)
Others cant know. :wink:
Your system looks like it supports 2.79.

Hi there. Do you have this problem in ā€œtoggle fullscreenā€? I do. I also tried to insert another cable into the monitor (Vga) and it worked fine. So the problem is in a monitor hdmi output, or with computer hdmi settings or hardware. I also canā€™t make screenshot from ā€œtoggle fullscreenā€, color of a screenshot returns to bright and become over washed.

Hi again!
The problem was in the newest Nvidia drivers, just have removed it and now everything is okey.

2 Likes

Well itā€™s recommand for me to use this two version, because of the scripts there I use was written for this versions and not updated, for other works Iā€™d already used 2.79 and itā€™s works like a charm.

thx for your answer.
Now to your question, Iā€™d tried out and all is fine in full-screen, but in window mode does the error come back.
with the output and so on is all right sofar and itā€™s do his job as it should be :slight_smile:

yes, you are right without the newest drivers does all comeback.
I wrote Nvidia letā€™s see what they say about this issue, but thank you very very much for your help :slight_smile: Iā€™d not think itā€™s could be the drivers ^^

Hello, I got also this problem Blender 2.79 and windows 10. After long searching and experimenting i got the solution.
1 go to file
2 user preference
3 choose themes
4 search 3dview in left bar under presets
5 go down and change parameters in topic ā€œbackground colorsā€
6 save settings
7 have fun

Bumping this old thread

The theme preset selector is gone in every 2.5x version as well as 2.60 & 2.61

It is there in 2.61 and onward but the colors remain washed out no matter what theme is selected.

I had this problem using blender on my laptop, and itā€™s apparently an issue with the GPU. I switched the graphics settings for blender to power saving mode and it fixed the problem.

2 Likes

solve my problems! thanks!