BGMC26 ~ Zu and the Lost Chambers

I didn’t get to finished everything I wanted to with this game, but I’m still happy with the end result. It’s nothing too fancy, but it was good practice in file organization and optimization for me.

Double click MainMenu.blend to play. I hope you enjoy it!

Feel free to go through the folder setup to see how everything is organized (I learned a lot studying the files and folders setup in Fallout 3 and 4.)

** Made with Blender 2.78c **
[The Game (~14MB)](https://www.dropbox.com/s/buxxvu0s5fr0bdr/Zu%20And%20The%20Lost%20Chambers%20(BGMC%2026) .zip?dl=0)(22MB Uncompressed)

Full Play through:

That was pretty cool !

It has a nice retro feel somehow I don’t know why :slight_smile:

Also the mist effect on the last level is really cool, great work !

The only downside for me is about the sounds, was not really fond of it.

@WKnight02, Thanks :slight_smile: I meant to add in a few more sounds. I think there are really only 2 sounds effects in the whole game.

I didn’t have as much time to work on this as I wanted and I switched up the mechanics a few times which cost me some time :confused: But I hope you guys still appreciate some of the effort that went into this project and have fun playing it, even if it’s not super polished. I definitely had a lot of fun making it and learned some new things this time around including: file organization, level design, and some things about lighting and materials. I’m also impressed with how well linking assets can be for optimization! To me, the game definitely feels like it should be more than 22MB.

I liked how much detail you payed to the environment design - each statue had description, the theme all went along. One thing bothering me was that the strong normalmaps combined with the sharp reflections resulted in lots of aliasing everywhere, but from one standpoint it added up to the creepy sci-fi style. Gameplay mechanics were ok. At some places it felt a bit too dark.

Good luck! :wink: