Hope you enjoy it!
Oh, and never give up on the BGE!
here’s the download link:

Engine: UPBGE 0.1.7
Gameplay: https://youtu.be/n-xfLcjfbms

start from the file written BGMC 26 FATE OF THE BGE

Tell me what you think!
I made this to protect the BGE from death! :smiley:
Happy blending! And hope this one gets through!

https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0

Here’s the link for downloading winrar which’ll let you extract the 7z file on Windows

this one if for downloading the UNARCHIVER for Mac that does the same thing

I know that unzipping .7z files on Linux is possible, I just dont know how, should be easy enough to google it, or you can wait for the BGMC 26 All Games Pack which generally comes out a few days after each BGMC

When trying to run your game I have this error:

C:\UPBGE>blender.exe
Read prefs: C:\Users\White_Knight02\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: C:\UPBGE\2.79\python
addon not found: 'wk_logic_nodes'
drop file C:\Users\White_Knight02\Documents\Blends\_BGMC\BGMC26\BGMC 26 FATE OF THE BGE\The Fate of the BGE.blend
Read blend: C:\Users\White_Knight02\Documents\Blends\_BGMC\BGMC26\BGMC 26 FATE OF THE BGE\The Fate of the BGE.blend
Error: Unable to pack file, source path 'G:\New folder (3)\ZTextures\Fonts\astron-boy\astron boy wonder.ttf' not found
Error: Unable to pack file, source path 'G:\New folder (3)\ZTextures\Fonts\astron-boy\astron boy wonder.ttf' not found
Font file doesn't exist: G:\New folder (3)\ZTextures\Fonts\astron-boy\astron boy wonder.ttf
Can't find font: G:\New folder (3)\ZTextures\Fonts\astron-boy\astron boy wonder.ttf
Warning: failed loading font "G:\New folder (3)\ZTextures\Fonts\astron-boy\astron boy wonder.ttf"
Can't find font: G:\New folder (3)\ZTextures\Fonts\astron-boy\astron boy wonder.ttf
Warning: failed loading font "G:\New folder (3)\ZTextures\Fonts\astron-boy\astron boy wonder.ttf"

Blender Game Engine Started
Debug: Game Controller (XInput Controller) with index 0 initialized
Blender Game Engine Finished
Debug: Game Controller (XInput Controller) with index 0 closed

Blender Game Engine Finished
Debug: Game Controller (XInput Controller) with index 0 closed
Info: Read library:  'C:\Users\User\Desktop\BGMC 26\untitled.blend', 'C:\Users\User\Desktop\BGMC 26\untitled.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: Cannot find lib 'C:\Users\User\Desktop\BGMC 26\untitled.blend'
Warning: LIB: Camera: 'Camera.002' missing from 'C:\Users\User\Desktop\BGMC 26\untitled.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: Curve: 'Text' missing from 'C:\Users\User\Desktop\BGMC 26\untitled.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: Mesh: 'texture' missing from 'C:\Users\User\Desktop\BGMC 26\untitled.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: VFont: 'Bfont' missing from 'C:\Users\User\Desktop\BGMC 26\untitled.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: Action: 'healthAction' missing from 'C:\Users\User\Desktop\BGMC 26\untitled.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: sensor "W" has lost a link to a controller (link 3 of 3) from object "player_body.001". Possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the file, logic may be incorrect
Warning: sensor "S" has lost a link to a controller (link 2 of 2) from object "player_body.001". Possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the file, logic may be incorrect
Warning: sensor "A" has lost a link to a controller (link 2 of 2) from object "player_body.001". Possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the file, logic may be incorrect
Warning: sensor "D" has lost a link to a controller (link 2 of 2) from object "player_body.001". Possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the file, logic may be incorrect

Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

No idea how to fix it…

what version is that?

it needs UPBGE 0.1.7 or above

you can even run this with normal Blender 2.78
just remember to open up map1.blend and set the shading to GLSL and save and then you can play again from the BGMC 26 file

the only drawback then will be the skydome in the first map

so did it work?

ayy damn
I get it now, I selected a wrong file in the scene with that starts the game, should’ve been map1.blend, somehow (I was probably set that to Untitled.blend which doesnt exist

I’ll fix it 4 hours later, please wait as I am in school

Im sorry, its a blender glitch that linked a file to the main game altho I appended stuff from it. now that file is gone, and so are the linked stuff
I guess this is it for this game. tho you should still be able to play from map2 but map1 is obsolete

sad, I did complete the game

here! now it should work!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RHGFd9TBgtRA0jTYfe6H-9syFkspobXh

not bad at all man!
Good Game but Hard …
overall 7.8 out of 10 bro Well Designed my friend.

Fred/K.S

Good Game but Hard

Im glad you found it hard lol:p I was worried it might be too easy

Thanks!
Lets hope this gets through ^-^

Just played your game, here is what I got to say about it:

First when opening the game, the menu looked bland and boring. Could have been better first impression if it was not so overbright with so hard-to-read letters.
However, once I was in game, I was awaited by a whole different scene. The environment, weapon, turrets looked very nice. The wireframe effect that you made there is totally awesome. Also, the controls were smooth enaugh, the ambient and sound effects also played a big role on the overall gameplay feeling.
What could be improved, though, is the gameplay itself. At some points I couldn’t really tell if I was hitting the turrets or not. Some sort of visual/audible indication (e.g. metallic sound, dust particles) could have helped with this. Also, I couldn’t tell if I was getting shot at or getting hit. Again, this could best be done with some sounds and particles.
Also, I didn’t like the fact that I was sliding on the terrain. I’m sure you could have come across a solution for that, but hey - you’ll have next BGMC to improve on this, right? :smiley:
Also, the bloom effect was a bit too bright for the HUDs. At some aangles it was impossible to read how much ammo I had.
Oh, and the retry button crashed the game throwing out segfault.

Anyways, I think you’ve done good job here. The in-game visuals are nice. The idea is not bad either. I wish the gameplay was a bit more polished though. Anyways, good luck to ya! :wink:

Nice little game. In addition to the above post, you could have put a little animation on the gun, so it bounced just a little as you walked. Not a big deal tho. I liked it, Great job.

To both of you:
thanks for playing the game, :smiley:
honestly I planned to add more stuff like rifle bobbing (the head does bob if u noticed)hadnt done the same for the rifle in time to finish :frowning:
And also, I made that menu in a minute before I went to school you see, and there was 13 minutes remaining too :stuck_out_tongue:
since bgmc is over, I’ll fix all that :3

Hmm. I don’t seem to be able to do any damage to anything. I can’t see any projectiles from my guns, although the ammo count does go down. I made it to the second level just by dodging everything, but then can’t kill the EEVEE mech.

Pretty hilarious concept, and the graphics are pretty cool (though I’d date them at early 2000’s quality).
Overall a good effort for a week - particularly for a pure logic brick entry.

It ran poorly on my work PC - which is an i7 with GTX1060 - so it shouldn’t have.

yeah thanks ^^ well I followed the most efficient way possible to do this with logic but Im afraid this is how far logic bricks go, the logic bricks are heavier than code. its something blender devs should fix :stuck_out_tongue:
yep, I intentionally made the eevee mech different, you need to figure out how to kill it, shooting its body wont do, the BGE isnt that strong. so get close and shoot its wheels :wink:
and yes you can avoid the turrests but it’llbe hard.
and you can destroy them turrets after finishing up a whole clip with the rifle.
could’ve polished the menu and map2 a lot unless that stupid blender glitch occurred (you’ll find a thread of mine in the discussion forum about bge linking stuff when I pressed append)
Im guessing people didn’t really try many times to shoot different parts of the eevee mech to discover how to kill it :expressionless:
Anyways, Im glad I finished tho ^
^ I still hope this’ll make it through lol.
I made this to make the devs stop trying to get rid of the BGE