Belgian Beer from Vielsalm

Hi,

Just a simple render made with Blender cycle and some photoshop postprod for somebody that need advs ressources.

Santé!

3 Likes

Very nice, good reflections off the bottles, many images fall over in this respect - you have it covered.

Cheers, I mean Santé, Clock.

Thank you so much.

I also had to do a glass for the beer of course. It’s still a WIP.

not certain but why do we see a bottle inside the beer bottles
is it realist ?

happy cl

You see a bottle inside the beer bottles ??? I don’t understand what you mean to be honest.

see these lines never seen that before !

happy bl

Attachments

Reflections of the environment?

Good job Warnotte.
Coincidentally, I’ve been working on a Duvel glass yesterday (filled with water, not Duvel), it’s surprisingly difficult to get it really smooth and round!

Mmm y’a as Athanor said, it’s probably hazard make by envmap. But there’s also 2 area light on left and right, and the shape of the bottle added it can make us think it’s another bottle inside ?

Your question is interesting, and don’t know how to answer it for that time.

Dunno how you proceed, I’ve simply shaped it, then revolution the shape mesh around Z axis. And some other post work also to solidify it, make 3 material for the liquide, glass, liquid to air and so on.

I started with a cylinder (32 segments) and relied on edge loops and the subdivide modifier, probably not the best method for a glass. The Catmull-Clark algorithm doesn’t produces perfectly circular cross sections I think… hardly noticeable though. ll try your method.

I was asked to make the same glass for that blueberry beer, so i’ve tried to do it.

Athanor, where’s your duvel glass progress ? ;p

Just a simple thing, but I would probably crop the image slightly to get rid of the checkers running around the edge of frame, it’s a bit distracting to the whole image.

That square background for testing purpose, but you’re probably right, i’ve not the eyes for that kind of things, thank you.

Here are some other wip.

The beer fan in me loves these. Need to get my hands on some Belgian beer again soon.

Actually I like the checkered BG, I just mean’t at the very edge of frame where they are cropped, you get a sort of optical effect there that shimmers.

Is it what you are refering ? If yes, that because i renderd with transparent alpha, but when posted here, it give theses “artefacts”

Another wip, another label on the glass, and bubbles reworked in the glass. (not perfect but better than before).

Here’s another attempt, using glass and bottle inside a nice 3D scene (that you can find here : https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/51914).

Still not perfect, but i’m pretty happy of the result and the little progress.

And an animation test. (Thanks to sheepit for the render that take only 2 hours :slight_smile:

Here’s another wip for that project.

Now I’ve filled bottles with liquid and add some bubbles inside. Also changed the sticker for the new ones.

Still lot to do :slight_smile:

Another attempt. Added some bubbles in the bottle and some bubble foam on top of the liquid.

Background added in PS + some postprod.

Looks like my lights aren’t so good something is wrong.

1 Like