Prayer

Hi everyone,

I’d like to get some thoughts on my latest piece “Prayer”.

I feel like it is almost done but something is missing. I want to make an image i can get professional printed, framed and hang on my wall. I am particularly wondering about cropping, if it needs it and how it should be done to get a pleasing composition. Also any other c’s and c’s more than welcome.

Thanks very much

I like the concept, its great. But oh my god this hurts my eyes to look at. The blue is really blown out, I’d say use filmic (if you aren’t) and tone down the brightness on that skull.

I guess the skull is suposed to be scary but he looks happy. =D
Perhaps change the glow in the eyes to red so it stands out form the overall summoning blue.

Maybe you can try symmetrical composition for this serious theme? for example put the man in the middle of picture, in that case maybe also the halo around the boundary of the man would be beautiful.

I’d change the aspect ratio to be taller and skinnier - having that much empty space on the side looks undesirable. And reducing the contrast will probably help it to look a little less glaring. Nice render tho, and I love the concept!

I think the skull looks a little sad… kinda like “You again?!”