URGENT Help libopencv_imgproc.so.2.4 error

Hi guys,

Been a while since I last was here in BA. But I ran into this error today and I can’t seem to find an answer on how to fix it.

I’m running Linux Mint 18.1 with a Nvidia GT520 GPU and today Blender 2.79 stopped working and gave me the following error “/usr/lib/blender/blender: error while loading shared libraries: libopencv_imgproc.so.2.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory” As far as IK there hasn’t been any weird update that could have changed the system enough to cause the issue.

It doesn’t matter how much I search Google I keep drawing blank on the cause of that particular error…I’m kinda lost here on how to fix it.

I’ve uninstalled Blender and reinstalled it , reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and CUDA and still nothing…

Thanks for your kind assistance

Ok found the solution.

I searched “libopencv” on Synaptic Package Manager and marked “libopencv-imgproc-dev” for Reinstallation and Applied the changes.

I then got an “libzmq.so.5” error launching Blender, so I searched for libzmq again on Synaptic and marked “libzmq5” for Reinstallation and Applied the changes…relaunched Blender

I then got “libsodium.so.18” error so once again I searched in Synaptic for libsodium and marked “libsodium18” for Reinstallation and Applied the changes…relaunched Blender and SUCCESS!!

I must admit it was a long shot going one by one but it worked and WOW was that a lucky fix

PS. ALL the time I was launching Blender from the Terminal via Command Line so I could see what was happening