Reflections on Glass Issue

Hi blenderers!

I’ve come across an issue with some reflections on glass objects and can’t seem to find the answer.

I’ve modeled some edison bulbs with filaments that emit light. From within the bulb, the filament exposure does not blow out, but now that I’ve worked on the glass material a bit more, I’m finding white-hot reflections of the filaments in the glass.

The issue is–when I disable glossy in the Cycles Settings for the filament, it eliminates the glossy reflections on the tiles below.

I’ve attached images and a .blend file. I hope someone can help me find my issue!

Thank you in advanced :slight_smile:

This is the initial render, and then when I changed the glass material (and added a few more objects), I’ve found these nasty white filament reflections

Attachments

training_bulb.blend (1.09 MB)

UPDATE:

I have not fixed my odd reflection issue, but I instead painted them out in Photoshop. This obviously isn’t a great solution, so if anyone has an idea of what I did wrong, let me know!

setting type to “Sharp” should get rid of them.

Thank you, Daedalus! I’ll give that a shot

Jumped the gun a bit–what should be set to “sharp” within the scene?

The Glas-Shader. Switch from Beckmann to Sharp.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks, Dito!

Updated the bulb shaders, and the issue has been improved, but I’m still having trouble with it.

Is there a way I can eliminate the reflection of the filament in the other bulbs?