Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He Titus, do you have this same issue? On OSX it seems sometimes meshes are imported with wrong z-scaling. I noticed it before but dont know why this happens. All scale is applied and all. Sometimes after a couple test export it fixes it self suddenly???You can easily replicate it by adding a standard cylinder and sphere and export these.

PS you shoudl change the coordinates in the export to Z and Y. It was weird to see the model from the bottom each time UVlayout opens
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its actually a UVlayout issue or perhaps this is normal behavior. I notice when SUBD setting is used with loading. Using Poly they load normally.

First image is Poly, second is SUBD mode

Originally Posted by rombout View Post
    Sorry i dont get what you mean by that
    I mean l'm a new user on blenderartists.org. and in this case if you a new user of the forum you have to wait forum moderators approval of your post until you reach ten posts

ahhh okay. Well you did great job looking into this. I always liked UVlayout but didnt use it cause of the hustle all the time with OBJs etc. I model for fun, sometimes its for little job.

Now with this bridge its super easy. I'll post mine on Github

rombout is your bridge going to be posted on Github?

Sorry bkjernisted, i finally got the extra commands working but bumped into to some other stuff now. Something weird... When in local view nothing is exported yet when i do a manual obj export in local view it is exported. This is probably cause the mesh is beeing copied and the copied mesh isnt selected (which is needed for the export).

When i git that part working i run into a new problem. In single mode in local view i got it working but now i need to add the option again to use all selected. So im thinking to drop the local view and just pass a warning that this is not possible.

I had some other commands working and when i just wanted to make a screengrab i cleaned my code a bit. Now it doesnt work any more ... hahahaha it was options to do quick packing and automatic dropping and relaxing. So i need to work on that part a bit more

Thanks rombout.

Okay long fiddling and error and pulling hairs from my skull... But i got something working again.
    Though for me on OSX some items are a bit buggy and some are kind of useless. But im able to send all load options now as well as automated packing - save - return to blender. I also have some other codes which work but here the window crashes, perhaps the Windows users will have more luck.

Im going to clean the thing up and i will drop it on gitHub. Hopefully i get all done tonight.

Ive also managed to get a check for local view. This is something special and cant be used for now. It will return a warning, just like other options which could return a error.

Below is a screengrab with the auto packing, i then need to manually send back the file. This is usefull if you want to check it first.

If your BOLD, than you use pack and save-return. Only for the brave

I perhaps need to finetune the timing a bit. Problem is when there is something wrong with the time a certain file is written, i end in a loop and all goes beserk
    Last edited by rombout; 15-Dec-17 at 16:18.

I got 2 more ideas i need to add;

1. Is saving the windows path to a file, otherwise you need to set this each time you restart Blender.

2. Adding custom export path. For me on OSX the program is a bit unstable sometimes im left with the unwrap and and nothing is saved. With custom path you can easily find back the location and save. Also open the tmp file is something happened.

There is a file generated *.keep you can change his to *.obj and then still open the file. In case of possible lost connection.

I got point 2 done, and point 1 i already added to save OSX layout version to *.ini file just need to dd windows path and windwos path

Below is addon pref panel with settings you can put
    Last edited by rombout; 15-Dec-17 at 18:08.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12