A problem with visual object selection - missing.

Hi all, I need some help regarding selection of objects. It isn’t a major problem rather an annoying problem. Which hopefully somebody may be in a position to help me rectify.

Screen grab 1 shows the normal visual indication when one either right clicks on an object or, as in this case, I selected all objects on layers 1 and 2 by pressing“A” key.

Whereas Screen grab 2 shows nothing concerning the object either if I right click it or as in this case I select all objects on layers 1 & 2 by pressing key “A “. The only way I know that the object has been selected is by keeping a constant eye on the top right properties screen. After a time this gets somewhat frustrating, not the end of the world, but I’m getting a bit fed up with it.

If I go back to earlier iterations of the file I can see a visual indication that I’ve selected the object as normal. So I can only conclude that I’ve hit a key combination which has turned off the object highlight.

Anybody know how I can get it back? Please.

Cheers in advance,
Fanners.

maybe transparency is checked in your object properties?

Please remove this post as it has been entered twice.

Attachments

Thank you very much for responding. I checked the transparency setting and no it wasn’t that. So then I checked out all the other settings and found on the N panel under ‘display’ that the outline selection wasn’t;

Therefore thank you so very much for indirectly solving my immediate problem. :yes: SOLVED !!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507581[/ATTACH]