I Need some serious help with Armatures

Okay, so here is my problem.

I have made this mech, that has multiple Objects, and I wanted to give the mech bones and animate the mech.
    I first tried it with the conventional method, just making some bones with extruding and anything, but it didnt really turned out how I wanted to, so I had the not so genius idea to just make a lot of seperated bones with seperate Armatures and parent them.
    The animation works and everything, but I have to import this mech with more animations later in Unity... and now I just have a lot of Armatures, and a lot of small animations, and it's really inconvenient, and doesn't work at all.

So this is what it looks like right now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example 1.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	507586

And I just tried to join all the bones, but then it looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example 2.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	507587

So how can I make this into just one, normal Armature? Can the bones be connected in any way?
    I just hope that I don't have to make the whole rigging again.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Can't tell anything from your images, but one bone per armature is not the way to go. I suspect you scaled and rotated the armatures in Object Mode, which is why they totally FUBAR when you join them. How did you parent the meshes to the bones, I have no idea. Did all these armatures have a common origin, again I have no idea.

Post the blend file to pasteall.org/blend then post the link here and we can look at it for you.

Welcome to BA by the way, please remember that generally it is a good idea to post blend files with your issue in them, it does not need to be a large file, just enough for us to work with.

Cheers, Clock.
    K.I.S.S - a good maxim I think, and Granddads know best!
    "You are completely bonkers." - @Gumboots
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfO...1sCoG0NqZkgaAg

Thanks for the reply, I just deleted all of the bones and made one completely new Armature, and it works perfectly fine now.
    I only had two animations or so, so no big deal.

And thank you for the tip with the blend file, I will definitely remember that for the future!

Yes, what clockmender said pretty much. As far as parenting goes, mechs +should+ be a lot easer to rig than bendy, organic characters, since you only have to deal with simple parenting or basic weights. But like he said, post your .blend Good luck!
    My animated music video for the Marphoi Project: King of Majesty
    Bullet-based physics marble machine animation: Sisyphus Engine No.1
    My latest showreel