Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Lightbulb OrtogOnBlender - Photogrammetry Inside Blender

    Can you combine Blender with photogrammetry? It appears that the answer is actually positive! Cicero Moraes and his team have created a tool called OrtogOnBlender that will let you use photogrammetry techniques inside Blender.



    Our experimental version of OrtogOnBlender already made photogrammetry inside that software, thanks to Python scripting and OpenMVG + OpenMVS free libraries!
    Cicero Moraes


    Are you excited? You can get the files from Cicero here and try the thing for yourself.
    Source: Facebook 80.lv



  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    991
    Super cool!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    www.tomsvilans.com




  3. #3
    Originally Posted by carlosan View Post
    Can you combine Blender with photogrammetry? It appears that the answer is actually positive! Cicero Moraes and his team have created a tool called OrtogOnBlender that will let you use photogrammetry techniques inside Blender.



    Our experimental version of OrtogOnBlender already made photogrammetry inside that software, thanks to Python scripting and OpenMVG + OpenMVS free libraries!
    Cicero Moraes


    Are you excited? You can get the files from Cicero here and try the thing for yourself.
    Source: Facebook 80.lv
    Awesome do you have a tutorial on how to install?
    If you want cool new features for Blender and Cycles ( like 1.5x to 2x faster renderings ), you can donate here https://www.paypal.me/matmenu and https://www.patreon.com/matmenu



  4. #4
    Originally Posted by bliblubli View Post
    Awesome do you have a tutorial on how to install?
    Form github:

    OrtogOnBlender uses a series of addons and libraries / programs, some native and others external to Blender 3D, they are:

    Addons

    Measureit (native)
    3D Navigation (native)
    Import Images as Planes (native)
    Cork on Blender - https://github.com/dfelinto/cork-on-blender
    Cut Mesh - https://github.com/patmo141/cut_mesh
    Object Alignment - https://github.com/patmo141/object_alignment

    Programs

    Meshlab (meshlabserver) - http://www.meshlab.net/
    OpenMVG - https://github.com/openMVG/openMVG
    OpenMVS - http://cdcseacave.github.io/openMVS/
    dicom2stl - https://github.com/dave3d/dicom2stl/
    Last edited by \_(ツ)_/; 07-Dec-17 at 12:27.



  5. #5
    while I would love for this to be true,
    there's simply a huge gap between commercial and open-source photogrammetry tools. the part where you can see the solid shaded model in the video (for a second or so) says it all.
    This doesn't mean this won't change in the next years. This is still a huge step forward!



  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,826
    Looks amazing. Especially for generating quick base meshes to bash...



  7. #7
    Originally Posted by pildanovak View Post
    while I would love for this to be true, there's simply a huge gap between commercial and open-source photogrammetry tools.
    Which program currently gives best results for a given image set? Experiences, opinions (anyone's)?

    Nice stuff as always from Cicero and friends.



  8. #8



  9. #9
    @cogitas3d, why me , I didn't ask the question
    I read this article long time ago....



  10. #10
    Member cogitas3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sinop-MT, Brazil
    Posts
    98
    @pildanovak I did not ask any question, lol, I just copied and pasted the title of the text, and if you read it you should know that depending on the situation the free tools are equal and even better than the closed ones. Although in general, the pay photogrammetry software is still more practical and robust, it does not mean "huge gap".
    Last edited by cogitas3d; 09-Dec-17 at 10:32.



  11. #11
    Originally Posted by pildanovak View Post
    @cogitas3d, why me , I didn't ask the question
    I read this article long time ago....
    You were the one who said there was a huge gap between commercial and open-source tools when there isn't.



  12. #12
    Member ez_set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    12
    This looks incredible!
    Also great new triangle fill
    btw
    I think you meant to reply to @LoboTommy not @pildanovak with concern to the abilities of photogrammetry software.
    Thanks



  13. #13



  14. #14
    Member AndreaMonzini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    12
    @cogitas3d great work and very interesting article about photogrammetry comparison ! thank you !



  15. #15
    Member YAFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,019
    Thank you very much guys!

    Two hours compiling and installing dependencies, and when I thought that everything would be fine, I fail in the last one... (curious, this happens very often).
    This is the error when trying to compile DicomToMesh.
    http://pasteall.org/716215

    Any ideas about what the problem might be? (Linux)

    Edit:
    By the way, ' \ _ (ツ) _ / ', you mention "dicom2stl", but OrtogOnBlender github instructions point to DicomToMesh.

    Edit 2:
    Wait, addon requests Dicom2STL as well.

    Edit 3:
    To which folder exactly OpenMVG path should point in addon?
    Last edited by YAFU; 11-Dec-17 at 11:49.
    Be patient, English is not my language.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •