What's wrong with this animation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PKNuZovuSw My friends are saying it looks messy, and not very fluid. I honestly can’t see the problem with it, could someone tell me exactly what problems it has in detail?

Looking back over this old project/thread, I think that it’s impressive – but that it also shows a problem that I do see a lot (in cartoon-style animation) when there’s visually a lot of things happening and with very colorful figures. Namely, that the characters never stop moving. This literally produces a situation where your eye is looking for what to focus on in a visually-confusing scene.

I’ve noticed that some animations pause, however briefly, at certain key points, especially with the “lead character.” The pause is only for a fraction of a second, but it’s enough to let your eyes “lock on to” the character that you’re supposed to be paying attention to. Other forms of visual contrast and relative lighting levels also help, and even, “what set of characters are actively moving at once?” That is: choreography.

The animation, in this clip, is to my eyes “very good,” but the visual action is cluttered. I found myself trying to figure out just who I was supposed to be watching – to the point that I noticed that I was having to do that. And, as Michael Douglas’ character says in the movie A Chorus Line: “Don’t draw my eye!” (Or in this case: “do!”)

I’m sorry that no one ever responded to this video/thread.