Blender crashes when trying to bake an Ambient Occlusion map.

Hello!

I recently upgraded my GPU from a GTX 960 to a GTX 1060 and ever since I did so, blender has been crashing when trying to bake AO maps (never crashed at all with old GPU). I don’t know if it’ll crash baking any other kinds of maps (normal, full render, textures, displacement) since all I do is AO bake and do the rest in Quixel Suite 2. I’ve reinstalled blender multiple times and used different versions. Blender 2.79 is currently installed. Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

P.S. The scene is very high poly that I’m trying to bake in (1.2 million triangles to be exact) I don’t thing that’s the issue because I’ve baked in higher poly scenes before with my old GPU and had absolutely no issue other than it being a little slower.

I’ve attached an image of the system tab of the user preferences window below in case my problem lies within that.

Might seem silly, but since you’re talking only about this particular scene: Have you tried baking a scene that worked with your 960?
I am no expert at baking so this is just a tip to find out if it’s the scene, blender or your card.
Also be prepared for people telling you to provide the blend file.