Multi camera render

I wanted to render at 1 click all setup cameras. So i found the addon Multicamera Render from here
With the camera selected in the render tab with the multicamera render button

I click but there is no respond or no process bar and blender hang. Is this the correct way im using the addon or some other method. Is there any other addon or this will work fine. Multi camera Render at one click

Do you need the cameras to have different image dimensions?

I have add 5 camera with various angle and same dimensions just want to hit render and dont want to waste time on each render. Just hit render and get all 5 camera render views. Problem with this addon is its not showing process bar and its hang after click multi render button.

You can use animation for that. I render interior scenes myself and animation tends to work quite well for me except when different image dimensions are needed because resolution cannot be animated in Blender. You can set it up to use the same camera or separate cameras, plus you get a perfect way to move stuff around in different views because you can just animate everything.
Say you have 5 views and you have 5 cameras already. You would set up 5 frames and give each of them a marker pressing m while the frame is current and you are hovering the mouse over the timeline. Then you need to select the camera you want to bind to the marker and pres ctrl+b while hovering your mouse over the marker in the timeline panel. Do this for all the cameras and markers on different frames and you will have all the camera changes animated. You can animate most of properties of any objects if you set the property and then press i hovering the mouse over it if you need to adjust the placement of objects or hide them in different views to improve composition. All you have to do then is render animation from frame 1 to frame 5.

P.S. If you were interested in rendering animation with different image dimensions, let me know, I almost have a script written for that, it would be a reason for me to finish it.

Not with the camera this addon looks good for me but why its not working i dont understand

Well from what I understand reading the code of the addon, it might not display any feedback while rendering. I did what I could to help you. There is not much more that I can do than to provide a complete working solution to your problem I am afraid. Use it or don’t - that’s up to you.

I got this reply from the addon author

Hello atek,

It’s normal that you don’t see any progress bar, because of Blender way to execute script, while it’s executed the UI is not refreshed.
You can see the progression in Blender’s console or in the directory where the image is rendered.

What does it mean and do i have to wait untill its process but the status it say Blender is not responding

As I suspected it is working as it’s supposed to. The author did not bother to override render operator’s context for it to show progress in the interface. Or maybe there was some technical barrier why it could not be easily done. You can however easily achieve what you are looking for the way I described above. It will display progress if you render it as animation.

Hi guys, i just read the thread, the addon seems really interesting, for your questions, yes, overriding context to show a render progress bar is tricky with python blender code (but achievable, but it doesn’t always worth it with progress shows in the console)
Anyway, good addon to know !

And @MartinZ, i’m curious about your dimension script, is it available somewhere ?
i wrote one myself, you can find it here :

I think it should work with the Multiple camera render addon, and with the marker method !

Cheers, and thanks for the info !

Your addon seems to be a lot more complete than my script. I only have two properties added to camera properties tab for x and y and a handler bpy.app.handlers.frame_change_pre for changing the dimentions on frame change according to the scene’s active camera, that’s all. However animation render operator does not seem to update these values inbetween frame changes so it is not working with rendering. A custom render operator should be easy enough to write, but I did not know about the context at the time I wrote it a few years back. I kind of want to see the prieview because I might be rendering stills for a few days and they are long renders so I want to see if something goes wrong. I log in to my work computer remotely to check how the rendering is going during a weekend for example. I just start them manually now usually. Your addon looks great! I’ll have to check it out in more detail as soon as I get a few free minutes.

thanks ! oh ok, i used a scene update handler, i’ll give it a try with render animation operators to see if it works better than frame change. Did you try with frame_change_post ? not sure about this but it could take scene changes into account isn’t it ? I’m no coder, this is just a guess ! :smiley:

I tired a lot of things and could not get it to work. I think none of render settings are rechecked in between frames when animation is rendering.

I got reply from author he has mention The only way to see the progress is to open Blender console (on Windows: (Blender menu) Windows > Show System Console. On Linux you need to open Blender from a console) - this way is useful to be sure it started correctly - or to check on the final repo is the images are present - to know if it finished correctly. I did not get or cant find Blender console the progress bar

I would normally make a GIF with a quick tutorial, but this time I decided to make one for illustrating how this situation looks to me:
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohs7WKfiw0B8rnCda/giphy.gif

I truly hope you eventually understand that it is easy to do what you want if you do it the way it can be done.

Its not issue of finding the windows console after click the multi render button Blender stuck.

Did you not solve this problem still in 8 months?

Yes. I open the window console and then hit the multi render button and blender hang and no process seen in the window console

You can try my basic script which I use for batch rendering. It doesn’t have any interface so I just load it into the text editor and run it from there. Parameters need to be directly edited in the code (path, resolution etc). I added a condition which changes resolution for cameras containing “_V” in their name so it can render different resolutions at once. More conditions could be added to filter cameras which you don’t want to render or to add more resolutions. Progress isn’t displayed, but it prints a message in the console after each successfully rendered image.
batch_render.py (965 Bytes)